Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choll

Roku Ultra now resets YouTube subscription section every time I play a video

This just started happening in the last couple days. When watching YouTube on the Roku, it used to return to the same spot in the feed when you would exit the video. But now it resets that feed to the beginning, so if you were 30 videos down into it you have to scroll back down to that point every single time. It's extremely annoying and I hope there's a quick software fix for this bug.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra now resets YouTube subscription section every time I play a video

Warm greetings here in the Roku community, @choll!

We see that you are experiencing some issues with your YouTube channel, and we are here to assist you.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, may we ask if you have already tried restarting your Roku device? Also, have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app to see if the issue persists?

Please let us know so we can provide you with the best possible solution.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra now resets YouTube subscription section every time I play a video

@choll-

Roku didn't reset anything.  YouTube's latest update to the Roku-compatible version of their app is doing it.   Lots of similar complaints on this over on Reddit. Apple TV users are making similar complaints.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ActsofMan
Reel Rookie

I'm having the exact same issue. Glad it's not just me. It's very frustrating.