Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webjunky
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

It’s been fixed for me for a while but I will check my last update and get back to you. 

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

The last last update was December 19.  I guess I only checked YT for the first time today.  Looks like there is a new build as well.  Software 9.4.1 build 4222-C2

NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

@greygiant wrote:

@NL99  Can you see when your last update was or what the YouTube build is? I'm curious to see if they pushed something finally. Also, is the issue gone when using the private listening feature?

last update Dec 19 for the Roku, 9.4.1 build 4222-C2

Just tried the private listening with headphones on the remote and there is no stutter for me on Youtube

0 Kudos
Danny998
Level 8

Jump to solution

Not really sure what you're talking about. No YouTube update for ROKU ULTRA 2020. Just took this picture of the current YouTube app after checking for updates... October 22, 2020 was the last update....

You're looking at the ROKU SOFTWARE UPDATE INFO...... YOU'RE NOT LOOKING AT THE YOUTUBE APP INFO... Last update for the YouTube app was October 22... Please stop giving out FALSE information.

16089597137071288530058245142388.jpg

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Danny998 calm down.

I was talking about the Roku Build information, not the Youtube Build information.  Simple miscommunication.  And no one needs me to look this info up for them.  Take your Roku and do it yourself

Look the stuttering audio problem, at least for now, is solved.  That's cause for excitement, not snippiness. 

0 Kudos
Danny998
Level 8

Jump to solution

Still happens on the YouTube app. No fix. No YouTube update. Still stutters. And sometimes no audio at all for the first 4 to 5 seconds after selecting a video... Again, not fixed no matter what audio or video setting is chosen.

Did a Roku technician actually say that it's fixed? I'd like to see that.

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

I don't know what to tell you then, man.  It's working for me.  You can look at my posts on the subject when i first got the Ultra.  It was exactly what others described.  I'll recap:  it was a continuous audio stutter that made it unusable.  The stutter would go away only on Audio HDMI Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and both with DTS as well.  The stutter would be there under Auto Detect, Auto Passthrough, and PCM.  I only knew about the Dolby options that cleared it up because of what I read on these forums (I think on this thread?).

Now I tried Youtube today with Audio HDMI Auto Detect, Auto Passthrough, and PCM and the stutter that made it unusable is now gone.  Using Youtube on Roku Ultra no longer has any issues for me.  I don't need a Roku technician to tell me it's fixed as I have ears.  Now tomorrow it could go right back to being messed up but right now, right this second, it's fine for me.  Believe me or not, up to you.

0 Kudos
boshk
Level 8

Jump to solution

it is not fixed. when i try to watch the sound cuts in and out about every second. the first time i fixed it, i swapped inputs on my tv, but then that didnt work. then for a bit i was fixing it by turning my tv on and off again. but that stopped working as well. i noticed that when i turned on the information screen (where it shows the screen resolution, audio, etc) for my TV the PCM icon kept turning on and off as the audio cut out. hopefully this issue will go away whenever i can find a soundbar in stock again, because i have no problems when using the headphone jack on the remote.

edit: well, i changed the roku sound from auto detect to dolby digital plus, dts, and for now that seems to be working.

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well I have no explanation.  It seems fixed for me (watching YT right now) and sounds like it's fixed for @Webjunky too

The Roku updated on the 19th for me with a new build.  Maybe it's the combo with the specific TV?  I've got an LG Oled

Well i hope it works for everyone soon!

0 Kudos
Webjunky
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve got an LG OLED as well. 

0 Kudos