Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streaming Stick Food Network Go Won’t Load

We have tried removing the food network go app and restarting the Roku multiple times. All other channels work, but when we try to open the food network go channel it opens the home screen and it’s all black and then bounces back to the Roku Home Screen after a minute or so. 
#foodnetwork #rokustreamingstick

24 REPLIES 24
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Food Network Go Won’t Load

Hi  @hansonsami95

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Food Network Go app on your Roku Streaming Stick. It sounds like the app may be experiencing some issues that are preventing it from loading properly.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Clear the Food Network Go app cache and data: Go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the Food Network Go app, press the * button on your remote, and select "Remove channel." Then, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection. After that, restart your Roku device and reinstall the Food Network Go app.
  • Check for Roku and Food Network Go app updates: Go to Settings > System > System update and select "Check now" to ensure that your Roku device is running the latest software version. Then, go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the Food Network Go app, press the * button on your remote, and select "Check for updates" to see if there are any available updates for the app.
  • Check your network connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet and that your network connection is stable. You can do this by going to Settings > Network and checking the network status.
  • Contact Food Network Go support: If the issue persists, you can try contacting Food Network Go support for further assistance. They may be able to offer additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their technical team.

I hope one of these solutions works for you and you're able to get the Food Network Go app working properly on your Roku Streaming Stick.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ssnsmm1

My stick is not work for foodnetwork go app all my other apps work. Starting having this problem about 3 weeks ago, tried all solutions posted still will not load app and returns to home screen. App works on my granddaughters roku tv but not on streaming stick on living room tv. I can also access it on my android tablet and phone without problems. My streaming stick model is 3810X roku streaming stick +. I have also made sure all updates for stick and app were upto date. Please help would like to watch my shows in my living room.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @ssnsmm1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above by @RokuLianna, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

You can reach them here

Regards, 
Karla

0 Kudos
clickity
Binge Watcher

Same issue, but affects ALL the discovery go apps including own, which are all identical apps!  Problem noticed immediately after roku streaming stick + updated to roku 12!!!!  Also affects my roku ultra.  No amount of deleting app & restart helps.  App variously times out, crashes the roku, or causes the roku cursor background (white) to disappear.  App occasionally partially loads

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue with accessing some apps on your Roku streaming devices. It seems like the attempted troubleshooting steps still didn't relieve the issue, and we appreciate the effort. We'd like to further investigate this issue; however, we'll need additional information to better identify the reason for it.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We'll be waiting for your response. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Bubba_C
Reel Rookie

Model 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial # YH007M671318

Software Ver # 12.0.0, Bld 4184-50

Device ID C138A7671318

All of the GO Apps cause my Roku to hang up.

I’m unable to get a tracker ID to show up but the attached picture shows my hung system IMG_1152.jpeg

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bubba_C.

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for providing these information. Rest assured that we passed along your concern and details to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once more information is available, we will make sure to update the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ellcarl
Reel Rookie

Same thing is happening to me and has been going on for more than a month. I followed all of the trouble shooting instructions from both Roku and Discovery Go support. Nothing has resolved this issue. Clearly it is a Roku or Discovery problem. Would be nice if it could be fixed soon. 

clickity
Binge Watcher

Model 4660rw

(Is it safe to post my serial number?)

Software version 12.0.0 build 4184-46

gc version 9.3.516

Issue Id 48-233-439

Also same affect on my streaming stick (plus?).  Sometimes causes roku to crash.  ALL Discovery GO apps including Food Network go, animal planet go, discovery go, OWN etc.  Max is not affected.  I don’t have discovery+.  TCM is not affected although it has other bugs

0 Kudos