Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhudec
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar + YouTube app freezes on ads

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a Streambar model 9102R with latest OS installed (11.5.0 build 4312-95).

The YouTube app is completely unusable for me, as any video attempts to play an ad which completely freezes the app. I have tried reinstalling the app and checking for updates.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhudec
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar + YouTube app freezes on ads

Jump to solution

I also had video playback issues on this device using the Amazon Prime app - all video was choppy with pink boxes scattered across the screen. All other apps besides Amazon Prime and YouTube seemed to work well.

I've since returned this device and received a new replacement Streambar, and all apps are working as expected now. I suspect there was some sort of hardware issue with the first device I had.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @dhudec 

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku? Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mark_nv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have almost the identical problem.  Same streambar model and os version.  However, instead of ads, whenever certain YouTube videos contain other embedded content such as video clips, the app freezes and stops streaming at the exact point the clip starts.  This doesn't happen on my Roku Streaming Stick 4K.  I've initiated an exchange with Amazon for a new streambar, but worried that the same thing is going to happen, in which case I'll be returning the streambar, wireless speakers and wireless bass.  I have tried uninstalling the YouTube app, restarting the streambar (through the system menu as suggested) and reinstalling the YouTube app, but that doesn't help solve the problem.  

0 Kudos
dhudec
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also had video playback issues on this device using the Amazon Prime app - all video was choppy with pink boxes scattered across the screen. All other apps besides Amazon Prime and YouTube seemed to work well.

I've since returned this device and received a new replacement Streambar, and all apps are working as expected now. I suspect there was some sort of hardware issue with the first device I had.

0 Kudos
mark_nv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's good to know!  Hopefully my replacement will work as well.

0 Kudos