Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dodyandrob
Reel Rookie

Roku NOT Playing Live or AMC+

Roku just plain doesn't play and AMC+ through Roku also doesn't play.  When I click to play a program the screen just recycles back to the start.  Roku Live TV also doesn't work either.  When I click on a Live TV option, it just goes black.  Every other channel on my TV works normally.  This is a Roku problem.  I have restarted the system, updated the software, etc.  

If I remove Roku it also means, as I read it, I have to cancel my AMC+ account and then renew it.  I am reluctant to go down that route until I have exhausted all the other options.  

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku NOT Playing Live or AMC+

Hi @dodyandrob,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Live TV and AMC+ channels. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ebray1

Mine isnt working either. Roku channel or a&e crime central on the roku channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ebray1,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We hear your concern regarding channel content issues on The Roku Channel. For us to better look at the issue, could you please provide the following information stated by @RokuJohnB?

The information we receive would be helpful for us to investigate the issue further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dodyandrob
Reel Rookie

We continue to have no luck accessing either AMC+ or any Roku channel stations live of or otherwise.  We have rebooted the router, updated software on the smart tv, done hardboots on the tv, and every other "solution" Roku has mentioned.  I do not see the point of cancelling and renewing AMC+ if the Roku channel itself is not even working.  We are about to cancel our AMC+ subscription and kick Roku to the curb.  Roku support has been useless.  I have been waiting for over an hour for the "support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options" page to even load.  

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dodyandrob,

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We completely understand your point and we regret to hear about the inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Please refer to @RokuJohnB 's post and provide us with that information, but kindly disregard the "specific channel" part, as we recognize that this issue only occurs on The Roku Channel. However, we still need to confirm the version/build of The Roku Channel on your Roku TV by highlighting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.

Once we have that information, we will be able to assess this issue further and fix it immediately, as your satisfaction is essential to us.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dodyandrob
Reel Rookie

Model:  A109X - Roku TV

Serial Number X00300JPV040 (S054Y07PV040)

Software Version:  12.0.0 - build 4182-88

GC Version:  9.5.513

Timestamp:  2023-08-10T23:52:43Z

Issue ID:  40-319-672

0 Kudos
Aj75

Mine is doing same thing. No luck getting help and it doesn't let me Starr new subscription unless I cancel, but it's the same package. Worked fine until I had to switch payment info.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dodyandrob,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We highly appreciate the information you've provided us. Kindly be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team, who'll look closer at the issue and resolve it. Rest assured that we'll provide an update here once more information is available.

If you have further inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TX_TEA
Binge Watcher

AMC+ still not working on Roku. Works fine on Samsung AMC+ app so Roku is the problem here. It’s always Roku. Just as it is with the Jellyfin app. 

0 Kudos