Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

Roku Media Player only sees audio files and not video.

I too am having issues. The media player only sees audio files not video. It shows a video folder but that folder has audio files in it. What am I to do?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Media Player won't play shared files on local network

Update: I shared the drive where all of my videos are. I put Marvel movies in a folder but the media player is saying there is incorrect video format in the folder. These are MPEG 4 videos. What gives?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @markgeorg1234

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the issue you shared with us and would be more than glad to assist further. May we know what specific Roku device you are having issues with? Also, have you tried restarting your device to see if it can reload to the right format? Further, has trying other HMDI ports made any difference?

Let us know and we'll assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

I am using the Roku TCL tv, so no HDMi ports to deal with. I have rebootred the tv twice, I ahve started and restarted WMP and I have reset my router, It is weird that it only sees some of the videos, they are all in the same location.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @markgeorg1234 

We'd like to gather more information regarding this issue so we can investigate this case further. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

Issue ID 25-014-454

TC MODEL 65S421

Hardware ID 7134X

OS 12.5.0 Build 4176-30

Device ID J7992R693525

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing the information, @markgeorg1234

Have you tried using a flash drive and access these files that are having the issues?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos