Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarryD
Reel Rookie

Roku Media Player no longer finds media

And it's the usual 'reboot the router'.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bernd
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Media Player no longer finds media

So after experiencing the problem multiple times I have found that the issue is always is on the PC/Media server side. (I am using Windows Media Player as my streaming server).  Although it looks like the media server is running, disabling and re-enabling the server fixes the issue each time.  Shortly afterwards my media server appears on my Roku (and other devices) as an available streaming server.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player no longer finds media

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @LarryD.

We sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know what you are using the Roku Media player for? Is it to view your photos, videos, mp4, etc.? Also, we can try to reboot your router or might as well connect your TV to an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot to see if it will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes; we'd be happy to continue assisting you with this. We'll be anticipating your response! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos