Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trickydonut
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Live TV streaming not working

Thanks for the suggestion.  I separated the 2.4 and 5g signals from the router and connected to 5g, but still have the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for patiently dealing with this concern, @Hammer957.

Can you confirm if you have already tried connecting your device to an alternative network? Also, was the issue persistent with all your devices?

Please continue giving us updates so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hammer957
Channel Surfer

Have a Tcl tv, and an older 'not smart' tv with a Roku stick in it. 3-4 months ago, lost access to all Roku streaming channels. Ota channels and all other streaming apps. (Sling, Tubi, etc.) worked on both, only Roku did not. Using cable (Comcast) only for internet connection. A few weeks ago, noticed my laptop was not finding a 5g signal from my router (Asus RT-N66U). Powered down router, waited 10 minutes or so, power up, and found 5G signal again at laptop.  Went to Tv and now found I also I had access to Roku streaming again, on both TVs.  Believe this is same problem this thread, and several others I've followed on this website in other locations (same issue going on in 'community discussions'..why? no connection?) have. Anyway, this 'fix' worked for me, on both TVs. Merely offering up this possible solution, that worked for me, so far, to this problem, as I said, somewhere upstream on this thread. Have to say, as the first in my family to 'cut the cord from cable' 2 years ago, the Roku choice seemed so right, and, hoped to 'sell' my 93 year old mother on the idea, to save money. Given this issue, and a few others lately, not so sure any more. Hope Roku can find it's way back to...... a simple, easy to navigate, no cost platform to access steaming tv.... but I'm wondering now.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm also experiencing a problem in my Roku Ultra - where Roku Live TV Streaming is NOT WORKING. I purchased this Roku devise in the US and brought here in Canada. At the first use, Live TV streaming was working well. But for a long time now the LIVE TV streaming function of my Roku Ultra didn't work anymore.

In response to your request below, the following are the information you are requesting from my Roku Ultra device :

Roku Device Model : 4670X-Roku Ultra                                                                                                            Serial No. : YJ00A2972289                                                                                                                                    Device ID : KW99AA972289                                                                                                                                Tracker ID : 89-436-667

Hope the information I gave above will help my Roku Ultra Live TV Streaming work again. In addition, the software didn't update as well. The current Software version is : 12.0.0, Build : 4184-46. In our other Roku device, purchased here in Canada, the software version already upgraded to 12.5.0, build : 4178.

Looking forward to receive a response from Roku and hopefully help my Roku Ultra Live TV Streaming work again. God bless. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@lovenature_23, moving a Roku device that was set up in one region to another region can cause all kinds of problems.  I don't know if that's the problem, but I'd recommend you create a new account in Canada, factory reset your Roku, and link it to the new account.  You probably can't get any Canada channels/apps right now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kmoss80
Reel Rookie

I have the same exact issue… Roku live TV will not play, keeps giving blank/black screen. I have version 9.3/build 10

Sharp model: 2T-C40EF4UR

Serial number: X02000LWMF2X

Device ID: S0HL428WMF2X

Software Version: 12.5.0 • build 4177-E5

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kmoss80,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Kindly provide the Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID). Also. please provide us the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try fixing the issue.
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kmoss80
Reel Rookie

I’m doing what you ask to get the Track ID, but it isn’t working…just takes me back to Home Screen. I have done everything I know and read to resolve the issue. Reset the TV and factory settings, deleted and re-added the app, went to secret screen and tried those steps, reset/logged out of tv and app, reset the Roku, moved my TV around, checked connections, plus a few other steps I can’t even remember. I’ve been trying to resolve this for hours, been literally trying all day. What’s happening is when I go to live TV, it is available for me to watch BUT when I press watch now it goes to previous screen (can keep pressing watch and it won’t play - provides no error message whatsoever AND playback speed is good, connection is excellent) and/or am on live TV, press and only a blank/black screen with no sound. At this point, I’m clueless as to what could possibly be wrong.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kmoss80,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We're sorry to hear you're having a hard time getting the Tracker ID. If you are using a Roku voice remote, we recommend using the voice command by saying "Issue ID".

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MurrayR2
Channel Surfer

My old Roku 2 (4210X) has updated to firmware 12.5. Problem continues unaffected: all Live (Roku Channel) titles display nothing but a blank screen after "Play" selected. No error message.

I suspect someone at Roku knows exactly what the problem is, and they aren't telling the front line customer support staff any more than they are responding to customers.

0 Kudos