Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K6717

Re: Roku Live TV streaming not working

I believe your systems are set up to fail at a certain time after purchase.  You do not provide a solution so people can repurchase a Roku device. It's all a money-making scheme on your part.  Instead of lying to customers be honest and say "Purcahase  another device".   You provide horrible service making customers more frustrated with your bogus trouble shooting instructions.

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @K6717,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing to our attention that you are having trouble playing content on The Roku Channel. We understand your concern, and we want to assure you that our team is aware of the issue and still investigating it. We are working diligently to find a solution and will provide updates on this thread as soon as possible. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bbaines
Reel Rookie

My issue has been resolved!  Not sure what happened or if anything changes on Rokus end, but wanted to let everyone know I am no longer having the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bbaines,

Thank you for keeping us updated!

It is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and understanding.

Happy Streaming!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juanm500
Channel Surfer

2 months and still not working!!!

this is totally unacceptable,!shame on you Roku!!!!

0 Kudos
Juanm500
Channel Surfer

Exactly this is a scam!

0 Kudos
jhens

I watch the Roku app on a Windows 11 laptop. The only way I could get ROKU Live TV to work was in Microsoft Edge under System Performance, turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available"

0 Kudos
Trickydonut
Binge Watcher

Any resolution to this problem? Don’t see a fix posted. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Trickydonut 

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting here, and we're here to help. Could you please confirm with us the specific issue you're having so we can proceed with the necessary steps and actions to address it? In addition, what specific Roku device are you having issues with?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MurrayR2
Channel Surfer

When I attempt to play any channel in Live TV, or any title in the Roku Channel, I get a blank screen. No message, no change no matter how long I wait.

I have an old Roku 2 (4210), updated to the latest firmware (June 2023). The Roku Channel installs just fine, and content appears. I have uninstalled and re-installed it, makes no difference The Live guide appears correctly and I can browse it and select a channel. But no matter what I choose, blank screen. I can back out to the guide, select another channel or title, and that also gives a blank screen.

0 Kudos