Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chucka
Channel Surfer

Roku Live TV streaming not working

I have 2 roku tv’s and 1 roku device. All are connected to Internet and all apps work except the live tv streaming. Haven’t been able to watch tv in 6 days. Called multiple times and have done multiple factory resets. Still no live tv.

0 Kudos
71 REPLIES 71
Bmuntz
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Live TV streaming not working

Me too all my other apps work but roku live hasn't worked for about a week 

hdatc

Same exact issue, I have 2 Roku TV’s and can’t get any thing on the Roku Channel to work, live TV or any of their original programming.  All other Apps stream with no problems. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

We appreciate you raising your concern regarding your Live TV being inaccessible to your Roku streaming devices/TVs. No worries, we're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we know if your Roku TV is connected to an antenna to access more local channels? If so, make sure that it is connected to the correct input. 

Here's our Support article for further details and assistance with Live TV input: How to set up the Live TV input on your Roku TV

Furthermore, if this issue is about The Roku Channel being inaccessible, follow the steps provided below to troubleshoot your Roku streaming device/TV:

• Remove The Roku Channel app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power > System restart
  • Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for The Roku Channel, then press Add channel

Please be advised that this troubleshooting process needs to be done precisely. If the issue is still persistent, kindly provide us with a photo/screenshot of the issue you're currently experiencing so that we may be able to assess this further. We'll wait for your update!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chucka
Channel Surfer

Carly, 

We only have Roku, so not other issues in the set up.  Internet is perfect, , all other streaming channels like netflix and prime, and Hulu work fine, just the Roku Live Channel will show the channels, let you select it, then will show details on the bottom, the go to a black screen and the loading circle in the middle keeps spinning and never loads.  We have been on the phone with Roku Technicians 5 times,  they keep making us do the same things over and over, then tell us that it is being fixed and will be fixed within 2 days.  

Its now 9 days and we still do not have Roku Live Channel.   It all happened at the same time.   two roku telecivions, one older roku device, and one New Roku Ultra.  

Its not our system, it is something going on at Roku.  We want this fixed. !!!!!!!!

RoT8

I’ve gone through these steps 3 times. My Roku ch and live channels still do not work

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We regret hearing from you regarding Roku Live TV streaming not working. We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
Chucka
Channel Surfer

You guys keep asking the exact same questions, after everyone has told you the problem. 

Its simple:   All apps will work, such as Netflix, Hulu, prime.  BUT.  Roku will not work.  Its a simple concept,  how may times do we have to send the same information over and over, and call your technicians over and over.      

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chucka,

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We completely understand your point and we regret to hear about the inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Please refer to @RokuAnjelie's post and provide us with that information, but kindly disregard the "specific channel" part, as we recognize that this issue only occurs on The Roku Channel. However, we still need to confirm the version/build of The Roku Channel on your Roku TV by highlighting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.

Once we have those information, we will be able to assess this issue further and fix it immediately, as your satisfaction is essential to us.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MommaWells
Channel Surfer

I couldn’t figure out from you post HOW to submit this info so I used “chat” and sent over the photos taken of my screen — version/build, error code (home x5 back x5), and system settings with device details. 

with as many people reporting this issue as I’ve seen in this community forum, alone  - I hope it is repaired asap. Very frustrating for my grandmother who prefers Roku Live TV to be on literally all of her waking hours… it’s stressing her out, not working. Please help!! 

0 Kudos