Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shillman
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k stopped loading

I've had this Roku device for about 6 months without a glitch. One day it just wouldn't turn on.
When unplugged and plugged back in it only loads to the ROKU symbol screen then turns off and disconnects from the HDMI. I thought it was the remote. Since I have a simple remote, I replaced the batteries and still nothing. I've unplugged and replugged everything. I've tried every other HDMI on the the TV, which work for other devices and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4k stopped loading

Try a different power source, especially if you're using the TV's USB port.  Try a USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
shillman
Reel Rookie

The device is plugged directly into an outlet in the wall which works fine. I tried another power USB power adaptor which did not work. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shillman,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Express 4K. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to factory reset your Roku device. A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will: erase your personal preferences; unlink your device from your Roku account; reset all settings; and return your device to a state ready for initial setup. Please locate it on the back or bottom of your device. The physical reset button is either tactile or has a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shillman
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately this does not work. The blue light on the device does not turn off or blink and nothing resets. This device was only purchased last summer and used very infrequently. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shillman,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We want to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. Could you provide us with the serial number of your Roku device?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shillman
Reel Rookie

SN SOHEK2DNWNA3

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shillman,

Thank you for the additional!
For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.