Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coden767
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel in Mexico fails to play after Jan. 10, 2023

I purchased my Roku Express in Mexico and set my account up in Mexico.  I believe a previous response also indicated the transactions wre in Mexico and accounts set up here in Mexico.  This was a changed around Jan. 10 2023.  Before we had no trouble.  Thank you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@coden767

Thanks for the post.

As previously stated, it would appear that your Roku account is setup in the incorrect region than where you are currently located.

If you need further assistance regarding your Roku account, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrsMay
Reel Rookie

Ok Roku fam I have the answer! You might not like it but IT DOES work! Do a factory reset and use a NEW email. Like make a new account and it will set up your device at your current location instead the machine reverting back to all its old settings with your old email. And all the shows will work!

0 Kudos
MrsMay
Reel Rookie

Ok one more update I’m very disappointed with creating the new account like suggested in my previous post ok so yes all the shows are working but none of the shows I was previously watching are there and all the new are just TERRIBLE! And most are in SPANISH!! And my live tv is in complete Spanish! Before I could have literally used the Roku Channel for all my viewing I LOVED it I hardly ever even open the other apps! Now my favorite genre or the type of shows I like to watch are not even available 😞 all the writing on the app has changed to Spanish and most available shows also although it is a fix it’s not a very good one 😒

coden767
Channel Surfer

That is why I did NOT do this reset.  I was concerned I would lose more than I gained. Sorry you had to be the one to confirm.  Going back and forth between countries, I had even more concerns since I already had 2 accounts, one set up in Mexico (original) and the other in the US. The Mexican set up account, which originally got the US menu,  still cannot get the original US shows and menu to work.  

I understand ROKU expanding into other countries required local menus. 

However, Roku should allow programming the Roku Channel for different countries.  Disappointing.

0 Kudos
MrsMay
Reel Rookie

One quick tip if you do try what I have suggested and find you don’t like it (like me) do another factory reset put back your original email that you were previously using and everything will revert back to the way it was before trying the method 

0 Kudos