Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docknee
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel Will Not Play

Roku Channel Will Not play

I have tried all the steps like, reset, remove and add channel back, update - everything many times and both Roku devices I have (2 TV's) it is the same issue.  The device places all other channels but not Roku.  Only reason I have the Roku's is to watch the Roku Channe.  Both worked fine for months and then just this week both stopped with this issue.  All other streaming features work greatRoku_Device.jpgRoku_tracker.jpg on fiber optic and have not provider issues with anything.  

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Will Not Play

Hi @docknee,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the Couch on The Roku Channel. We appreciate you providing your device information. Please be aware that we have passed this along to the appropriate Roku team. We assure you that once more information is available, we'll provide an update here in the Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much for posting! I have been dealing with this issue for months and since I had other streaming services, I didn't jump on it right away. Totally my fault. 

Well, now that I have time to look into - I'm not eligible for customer support at all (Roku is 3 years old, but I should be able to Chat with someone).  I have been searching and searching for trouble shooting methods, but all say the same thing. You can't remove the Roku Chanel app from the device and reinstall. 

I found previous posts about this issue and comment that it's "Solved"

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-Won-t-Play-Anything-At-All/m-p/867214#M1...

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @originalshabang,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community!

We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can do further investigation. We can look forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

Thank you for replying.

model -3930x - Roku express

Serial - x0040030fs6t

device id - s00820c0fs6t

software - 12.0

This occurs with anything I try to play from the Roku channel. It does not occur with other apps.

the Roku channel icon is “paramount + on the Roku channel” I signed up for a 7 day trial of Paramount +, but cancelled it. The icon still shows  “Paramount + on Roku”

Version 9.3, build 10

issue report tracker - issue id 6T-315-329

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @originalshabang,

Thanks for providing additional information regarding this.

We have passed along this case, along with the information you've provided, to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available updates about this, we'll make sure to update this thread.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

Is there any resolution to this? It’s been 5 days since the information was passed.

0 Kudos
docknee
Channel Surfer

Perhaps Roku discovered the problem as both my devices are playing the Roku  channel tonight.  I did nothing new so it must have been resolved on their end, at least for me. Finally after three weeks, for now at least. 

0 Kudos
originalshabang
Channel Surfer

I’m glad they were able to resolve it for you. Unfortunately,  I still have the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @originalshabang,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate your feedback. We can look into this for you.

If playback issues continue, please restart your Roku device and your router. To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart, or to restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug your Roku device from the power source and plug it back in.

Let's see how it goes.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos