Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob3469

Roku Channel Streaming chanels doesnt work all

Hi all. In the Roku Channel streaming tv, just some channels work, not all. For example, Mtv channels works but Vevo channels none play. Why? Solution please? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Streaming chanels doesnt work all

Hi! @Bob3469,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community! 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cwdolly88
Reel Rookie

my streaming channels haven't worked in over 3 weeks now now and I have spoken with the Roky support team twice and done all the troubleshooting and gave the troubleshooting ID numbers etc and still nothing is working.  This is frustrating and I paid a lot for this tv for it to start doing this.  All my other channels work thankfully (prime, etc) but not the Roku streaming channels, the live tv channels work, just not the streaming ones.  Please help me with this issue, I haven't even heard back from the two times I have spoken with Roku and do not understand the issue.  Thank you

mop_891
Roku Guru

@cwdolly88  What equipment are you using? A ROKU TV? If so, what make and model? A separate ROKU streaming device? Again, what model?  Also what exactly is happening when you try to stream something on the Roku channel? Just, "doesn't work", is not enough information.

0 Kudos
cwdolly88
Reel Rookie

it a TCL Roku 55" tv, less than 2 years old.  When I go to click on an episode of something or a movie on Roku channel to stream it just keeps taking me back to screen to hit play, not even getting to place where acting like even trying to load.  it really strange, and no amount of troubleshooting has helped.  The only thing I haven't done yet is do a factory reset.  but not holding out a lot of hope that would even help.  So frustrated.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @cwdolly88,

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cwdolly88
Reel Rookie

After this last post, my Roku channel started working again, but now suddenly it has stopped working again.  I have a roku tv, only 2 years old, this should not be happening, have contacted customer support multiple times when the last incident happened and I assumed that they finally were able to fix the issue from Roku's side is why is was fixed last time.  I guess I will have to call them again.  This is getting old, I do not understand it.  I have done all of the troubleshooting suggested last time, still not working.  I no longer have my Roku stick, I gave it to a friend, and I removed device from my account and she opened her own account and hers is not working any longer either, are they still connected somehow?  My new Roku TV and my own Roku stick that I used on my older TV?  That aside, I just played a show on Roku without difficulty few days ago and now its not working again.  Please advise.  Thank you

0 Kudos