Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowbird
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel NOT loading any movies! Its Broke, Roku needs to fix it.

The "Roku movie Channel" that has many movies and categories does NOT load any movies! Any movie selection you pick, tries to load, and then just refreshes the screen within 5 seconds (seems far too fast). There are no error codes, or explanations, of why it failed to load. Did the request get to roku, did ruko find the movie, can roku stream it out, is that movie missing from ruko servers, or is that channel a sham just showing lots of movies that don't exist? is it denied due to a country problem, or is my unit not compatible again just like my older Roku's became after ruko did software changes. All the other channels that i have added just work fine, just ROKU's own channel does not stream. It's their main selling feature, you'ld think it would be top notch. I have bought ruko sticks for both of our grand parents and on theirs and it doesn't work either. (4 roku purchased devices, 4 failures, does not give me any great ambitions to purchase newer rukos.)

I am a computer tech, Did reboot, made sure latest versions, etc. no luck.

Channel Version: 8.0.72, GC 8.2.115
Software Version: 11.5.0, 4235-04

My Roku: 4210X-Roku2

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
snowbird
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel NOT loading any movies! Its Broke, Roku needs to fix it.

Ok here's something new, under settings, under add your ZIP CODE, there is nothing for Canada (postal code) or country codes, so i added a Michigan city zip code, and rebooted, and guess what, now i can see the movie back ground images instead of a blue background when i select a movie to watch, some now now do play, but not all of them.  One would think that this info was obtained by your device from your registered/created roku account info. 

Do some movies only play for certain states? Why is Canada being blocked? Why won't it accept country/postal codes? Millions of roku's are purchased from here come on ruko, fix your stuff.

0 Kudos
Gi0261

Roku movies not playing. Screen just refreshes within a few seconds. Tried removing channel/restarting, reinstalling. Tried factory reset. Nothing fixes problem. Get your act together ROKU. Provide service. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@snowbird

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gi0261

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? Where are you currently located?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
snowbird
Channel Surfer

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region.

1) If you log into your roku.com account, there are NO Settings whatsoever to set your region, or country. All there is saved is a billing address. I just reviewed all my settings a few seconds ago. Your reply and help is totally invalid.

2) The channel in question is only "ROKU's own channel" forget everything else. it's a default channel for everyone who buys a roku gets access that does not work.

3) I have been a Roku member since 2011.

If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account.

3) My ip is Canadian, there is "NO where" in my settings in ruko.com that designate, or show, my region, or country, or my location. Fix your Ruko.com member my account settings then.

You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

4) The following is useless, as roku.com my account does not show any regions.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

I am a computer engineering technician, I have troubleshoot everything at my end, Its RUKO problem. "For services paid for it does not prove what it advertises".

Give your phone number so I can call you direct and let's troubleshoot it every step on by one even it takes two hours.

If your are a true RUKO.com tech then you can access my account info and email me directly.

0 Kudos
snowbird
Channel Surfer

Ok so what are the handshaking protocols and errors codes so we can determine where the problem lies.

If I click on to play a movie, it does not load hence why not?

a) did the request get to ruko?
b) did the request time out and not get to ruko (ip busy traffic)
c) did ruko get the request, but ruko was too busy to complete it.?
d) did ruko acutally find the move on their server?
e) did ruko even try to steam it to me?
f) where is the * Star option for me to report back to Roku that this movie is Invalid and dos not load.
g) if it is country or location problem, where is the error code that it cannot be played.
h) if it cannot be played in my region, why the heck is it showing me so i can click on it (false adversting) what is my region according to ruko?

i) in the roku device setting, it only allows ZIP Codes, not postal codes

I guess i should start a postal letter campaign and write to the canadian head office of best buy, the source, staples, etc and let them know that they are stocking and selling a defective product that fails to meet what is advertised and thus to recommend to them to stop stocking your items in the future.

Signed

A disappointed customer.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@snowbird

Thanks for the follow up.

If you need further assistance with account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos