Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timecoderror
Channel Surfer

Roku Ad taking over my Home Screen

Jump to solution

I have a 3600x Roku Stick. The recent full screen ad for the 4k Roku Player takes over my Roku app and renders my remote controls useless. It has happened only on Sunday for the last 3 weeks so I thought it was one faulty push notification. It happened again yesterday. I communicated with Roku Support twitter, they said update my system, it is updated, then they said they would put in a support ticket. They clearly didn't. My only solution is to unplug my Roku every time. Here is a video of the problem. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XWLUMstOQ549si_RpcE3kIQBFdh_odQG/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ad taking over my Home Screen

Jump to solution

@timecoderror 

The remote did not seem to be able to navigate around when the offer was displayed.  Normally, pressing the Back button (upper left) or the Home button should return you to the Home Screen.

That ad looks like the "My Offers" ads.

Try going to Settings/Home Screen/My Offers and then enable Hide.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

##

0 Kudos
timecoderror
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only option to make the Roku ad go away is to unplug the stick. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@timecoderror 

The remote did not seem to be able to navigate around when the offer was displayed.  Normally, pressing the Back button (upper left) or the Home button should return you to the Home Screen.

That ad looks like the "My Offers" ads.

Try going to Settings/Home Screen/My Offers and then enable Hide.

timecoderror
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's it! Thank you! I have never had to hide those notifications before so appreciate you pointing me to all the options in the "Home Screen" settings.  Appreciate it! It was really annoying. 

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@timecoderror 

Normally, you would have to select the My Offers to show the ad.  It should not be appearing automatically like it was when turning on the TV, so definitely something buggy there.

If you ever want to know what offers are available to you (especially now that it is hidden), you can view them online at your account. (https://my.roku.com/upgrade/).

iamconfusedhelp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Roku Premiere. However, the Roku Options is ghosted. I cannot seem to get rid of the ad for the Roku Express 4k+. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@iamconfusedhelp, the first suggestion would be to restart your Roku if you haven't already done so.  Unplug the power for several seconds and then plug it back in.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Or maybe you should check your router.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
timecoderror
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As others have suggested, unplug your Roku for 30 seconds, reboot, then go to Settings> Home screen, and Hide all of those options. Since I did that several months ago I have only had one ad take over my screen and have to unplug. Good luck!