Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tammykoelling63
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 device not playing new channels

Jump to solution

My friends are trying to view a new channel called Only in Iola on a Roku 3 device. This channel is playing great on all other devices but not this one.  What can be done?

They have uninstalled the channel and upgraded the device then re-installed and it still won't play. Is Roku discontinuing this particular device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 device not playing new channels

Jump to solution

There are two versions of the  Roku 3: the 4200 released March 2013 and the 4230 released Apr 2015. Notice that both are extremely old, and not all channel providers support older devices. This particular channel makes no mention of supported devices, nor does their web page provide any information. My guess is they simply don't support the older devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @tammykoelling63.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be happy to investigate further the cause of being unable to stream this on your Roku 3 streaming device. 

Could you please confirm if this is the only channel you are having issues accessing? Are the other channels installed in your Roku 3 accessible? Also, are there any error messages prompted? 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you access this and continue streaming. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

There are two versions of the  Roku 3: the 4200 released March 2013 and the 4230 released Apr 2015. Notice that both are extremely old, and not all channel providers support older devices. This particular channel makes no mention of supported devices, nor does their web page provide any information. My guess is they simply don't support the older devices. 

Dan

tammykoelling63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. We have solved this problem now. All devices are now playing the channel.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@tammykoelling63 wrote:

Thank you. We have solved this problem now. All devices are now playing the channel.

If it's something you did, please let us know what your solution was. 

Dan