Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning back to home screen

When watching tv on the roku in the middle of watching it goes back to the roku restarting and back to the homescreen why does this keep happening is it the roku or the tv its not the internet bc no one else has an issue with this happening only in my daughters room and i would really like to fix the issue

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Returning back to home screen

Hi @Mommy2aprincess

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

I have done all of that and my Roku is still continuing to restart itself. It's random when I watch YouTube but it restarts itself whenever I pick ANYTHING on Disney+.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BarbiieQuinn,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku device that keeps restarting. We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. 

Try the steps below to help resolve the problem:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.
  3. Check Internet connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection) must be "Connected"
  4. Restart your Roku player: Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  5. Last resort, factory reset ( Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset )

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos