Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syn1
Reel Rookie

Retro Reels not playing any moves?

Jump to solution

Is Retro Reels not working? I have not been able to watch any movie for 2 days now. I signed up /paid for it and had less than 24 hours use of the channel now no movies play I just get a message “sorry temporarily unavailable “ for all movies. Does anyone know what’s going on and any idea when issue will be fixed. Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Retro Reels not playing any moves?

Jump to solution

We appreciate the follow-up, @Thndr.

Thank you for specifying these details with us. We're happy to continue assisting.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device [Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > Restart], and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

In cases where the issue persists despite performing the steps above, we recommend that you keep in touch with the channel provider's support team, as they may be able to provide you with updates regarding the missing shows under their app.

You can also refer to this support article on why an app or show is no longer available on a Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps. You can keep us informed on what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Syn1,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device [Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > Restart], and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

Please let us know if the issue is persistent so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Linder1

Jump to solution

It's been happening to me as well, for about 2 weeks now. Can I uninstall retro reels without uninstalling roku? Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Linder1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. You can remove the channel by not uninstalling your Roku device. For guided steps, you can check out this support article on how to remove channels from your Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thndr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Trying to watch a movie and I also get the “Sorry, this program is temporarily unavailable” message!  I have done the cancel subscription and remove, then restart the Roku and re-add truck with no change.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Thndr 

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an error code while trying to stream content, and we'd be more than willing to assist. Could you please provide the following information for us to understand the issue better?

• What specific channel/app are you accessing while trying to stream content?
  • What specific movie is this?
  • When have you encountered this issue?

With more details, we'll be able to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thndr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Retro Reels

Fate is the hunter is the movie name.

I haven’t been able to watch since I added the channel last week.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate the follow-up, @Thndr.

Thank you for specifying these details with us. We're happy to continue assisting.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device [Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > Restart], and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

In cases where the issue persists despite performing the steps above, we recommend that you keep in touch with the channel provider's support team, as they may be able to provide you with updates regarding the missing shows under their app.

You can also refer to this support article on why an app or show is no longer available on a Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps. You can keep us informed on what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos