Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GainWP

Request for F1 TV Channel in South Africa

Not sure how old this post is but I would like to add.

F1 TV is supported in South Africa

F1 TV is supported in the US

Roku is sold in South Africa, yet the device is limited. You cannot search for apps. The interface does not look as nice as the US version.

btw. I had my Roku3 when I was in the US and it had much more apps.

when I got back to SA I still had those apps and F1 TV even worked.

I only realised after Disney+ did not open because it said it’s not available in my region. I then changed my account location to indicate I’m in SA. 
this was the biggest mistake because the Roku player had to be reset and now I cannot get F1 TV back and cannot even find Disney+ in the store.

please help sort this out. Roku is becoming more popular in SA and would be nice to have your support.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Brad_MIller
Reel Rookie

Re: Request for F1 TV Channel in South Africa

I have not checked since my post but I doubt F1TV has removed us from the rest of the world category. 

I am surprised Disney+ is working - did you install it here fine?

0 Kudos
GainWP

No, Disney+ not working.

I initially had the Disney+ app installed while my Roku was setup in the US, therefore I could get the F1TV app and Disney+

when I got back to SA, only the F1TV App was still working but Disney would not log me in.

After I changed my Roku region to SA I lost F1TV and Disney 🤦🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos
Brad_MIller
Reel Rookie

Sh1T man that sucks.... I have tried and tried messaging both of these services and I simply get nowhere.  It makes so much sense for them to update the app to add SA as a supported region instead of lumping us in the rest of the word category 

0 Kudos