Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakque
Reel Rookie

Repeated Commercial Loops

I’m not sure how to get this message directly to whomever, at Roku, is responsible for the commercials. I don’t understand why they play the same commercial “loop” on every channel… over and over and over again! It’s the Weird Al Movie-I already watched months ago, same clip/preview, followed by Rich Eisen show, same preview/clip then Martha Stewart Show- whom I like by the way but now can’t stand to watch because I’ve seen that same commercial clip too many times! Are you trying to torture the free viewers because this same loop repeats dozens of times, back to back on every free channel?
I don’t mind commercials but please, please change it up a bit.. this same loop has been repeated for months now! YouTube is free but has much better commercials.. if you don’t have the advertisers, just play a tune with a countdown on a still screen until you get new content! PLEASE! 

12 REPLIES 12
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Repeated Commercial Loops

Hi @Jakque 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the experience you had with commercials and ads. We understand that repetitive ads take out the fun of the streaming experience. 

We want to assure you that we are committed to following the proper standards with our commercials and ads to avoid offensive and inappropriate displays of content. We'll forward your comments to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
faunafan1

I completely agree! It's like living through Extreme Groundhog Day. I understand why there are commercials, but surely Roku Channel can find a way to vary them instead of showing the same ones over and over again, which is irritating and makes a lot of us never want to watch those programs--such as Rich Eisen, Martha Stewart, and the Weird Al movie, among many others. My solution is to reach for the remote mute button.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @faunafan1,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about the commercials or ads you see on your Roku device. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please be aware that while we can't please everyone with the displayed commercials or ads, we strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the appropriate Roku team for review. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
laasjd

still waiting on the "review team" response.  Not only do I watch the same commercial loops but often times I see the same commerical repeated , up to 7 times on one occasion!  Why does this happen?  Is it Roku or is it the channel who can fix this.

And, why do I have to watch commercials not in English language?

Jakque
Reel Rookie

I know right… it’s insane. It’s not like I watch TV all day every day, at the max, maybe 3-4 hours a day and a bit more on weekends when I’m not working. I normally watch the same group of channels, LMF-Lifetime, MyTime, Hallmark-which has the worst loops, SheSphere and ThrillHer. I’ve noticed they all have repeated loops… why??? I look forward to watching a good movie on one of these channels as “me time” but those loops take the pleasure away. I have started watching YouTube more and more just to get away from those annoying loops! I bet the paid Roku packages don’t have those loops. They are torturing the free watchers because they probably aren’t giving the free channels the same management as the paid channels. It’s not fair, people are watching the free channels too and should not be tortured this way! 

TCL1
Binge Watcher

Yes. I hate it, so I mute it when I can.

I'm migrating back to antenna and considering non-Roku TV for the future.

TCL1
Binge Watcher

The Roku support team seems to be made up of not real people, so I doubt we'll see much change. I wish we could get better answers than Carly's non-answer. Chel's answers are almost word for word the same as Carly's.

Jakque
Reel Rookie

Today, I was watching a Roku Channel I don’t usually watch because I wanted to see the content and oh my… there it was… same commercial loop I mentioned in my original post repeated over and over and over back to back! I “gritted” my teeth thru it because I wanted to see the two shows I was watching so badly. I have noticed some of my usual channels have replaced the same “loops” with new ones but Hallmark still seems to be the one that has not been updated…

Cjohns4r

I was just about to post a similar post. I AM SO SICK OF HEARING THAT COMMERCIAL!!! I literally ripped my roku out of the back of my tv and unplugged it for 3 days!!! It builds up my anxiety and blood pressure.