Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annoyed_2
Channel Surfer

Remove "On Now" section on home page

It's totally unacceptable for Roku to push their content on us without giving us the choice to opt out. 

At the very least put the on now section on the bottom instead of the top. 

I'll be giving it a week and if there isn't an option to hide or remove this feature I'll be throwing away all my Rokus. 

13 REPLIES 13
ElWadster
Channel Surfer

Re: Remove "On Now" section on home page

Came here with the same problem.  Roku, give us the option to turn the "on now" feature off please.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

I'm suddenly seeing extra junk rows on my home screen too under all the Apps!

One is a "Continue Watching Row" for things I have clicked on in The Roku Channel App! Why would I want that on my Roku home screen?

Of course the idiots at Roku DID NOT add an option in the Home Screen settings to turn this off like their other previous annoyances!

So in order to get rid of the row I had to one by one manually remove every movie from the continue watching row to get it off my Roku home screen!

But now they are not showing when I actually go to The Roku Channel app where I do want to see the Continue Watching stuff! Because I had to remove them in order to get them off the Home Screen!

Nice going Roku! You have some real geniuses at your company updating software creating these stupid annoyances! How about STOP adding things to the Home Screen that we don't want to see!

At the very least if something new is added be considerate enough to create options in the Home Screen settings to TURN THEM OFF so that they go away! Because most of us ARE NOT INTERESTED!

That is basic common sense! Whoever is responsible for this update SHOULD BE FIRED!

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community Users!

We acknowledge your post,

We're glad you reached out to us and shared your feedback. Don't worry, we'll make sure to pass it along to the team. 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve!

Best wishes,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
RFT135
Channel Surfer

I had a button programmed on my OneForAll remotes that would go to the App I had placed in the upper left position (YouTube TV).  It no longer works thanks to this idiotic addition at the top of the Home screen.  Please remove the "On Now" feature or let us either disable it or move it to the bottom. 

Andy2K
Reel Rookie

I sure hope you folks do allow us to remove that "On now".  I don't watch the liberal fake news, yet that is the two stations on the on now.   Not sure why it was pushed.  I have two rokus and this is not on the 2nd one. 

Andy2K
Reel Rookie

NOt sure how your "On Now" works, but the first time as I wrote, it was on two news channels. Today, I checked and it is on 2 animal programs.  WTF? I don't watch animal programs, nor have I watched any of the roku channels.  You folks still haven't address this mess.  Would be nice to to be able to turn this off or hide.  Thanks again.

Annoyed_2
Channel Surfer

Since it looks like they won't be removing this feature time to switch up streaming sticks.

I recommend Chromecasts. It takes a bit of work but you can install custom launchers on Chromecasts and then never worry about a company deciding what should be on your home page.

Here is a link to a guide to setup custom launch. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/jnxlmw/guidenatively_use_custom_launcher_on_chromecast/

dognduck
Binge Watcher

Join the discussion over at https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Remove-On-Now-quot-row-from-home-screen/td-p/915446/highli...

Hopefully they will hear us and remove it...

Yes!  Remove the "On Now"!