Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to Remove "Live TV" Shortcut on Streaming Stick+

As noted in this thread, Roku has stated they're aware of the issue.  Thus, we have to wait and see if they fix it in a future software release.

Additional complaints in this thread are effectively useless, as I recently read that the Roku employees who do respond here aren't actually Roku Support members.  Rather, they are just "regular" Roku employees.

While it's unlikely to cause Roku to resolve the matter any sooner, the best place to lodge your complaint is here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

From that link, you can lodge a more formal complaint via Chat or E-Mail.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simon_Templar 

So where in this or the other forum do you see that Roku is aware of the problem? As you should be able to read..... Nobody responded at all. Simon, if you are not Roku, BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!

People also have the right to let off steam, if it pleases "Your Majesty."

Also, nobody can wait 15 years for a solution.

"Your Majesty" is now Muted! Tired of seeing him pretend to be Roku.

0 Kudos
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

@Anonymous - Why are you (still) behaving like such a child?

Q: So where in this or the other forum do you see that Roku is aware of the problem?

A: Right HERE, genius.  It was through my direct communication with them.

Maybe you should have spent time reading updates, rather than being so focused on this petty inconvenience and raging about irrelevant things like Roku's stock price.  You tried to make them look dumb and only ended up looking like a jackass yourself.

Also, in none of my posts did I claim or pretend to be a Roku employee or a Community Streaming Expert.  You cannot point to a single instance, because it never happened.

Rather, I was busy providing numerous details about the issue (including steps taken, screen captures, and videos), while you were pissing-and-moaning like a petulant child, because you weren't getting attention.

That's why I didn't respond to most of your posts, because you act like a jerk and think the way to get help is to scream and berate people.  That didn't work out for you, did it?

Grow up.

0 Kudos
JDnTX
Channel Surfer

I did contact ROKU and they said they opened a ticket and someone would get back to me.  That was 2 weeks ago, still waiting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simon_Templar 

Mommy.... I don't see a direct reply from any Roku Peeps. That is what we are partially speaking of. As you can tell, others contacted with no results yet.  So, talk to my ().(), cause you sure are acting gassy, with that verbal diarrhea!

Now is the time I tell you to stop whining, like a 2 year old- mommy. Take your own medicine and stop acting like you are from the Summer's Eve or Massengill families. Take your disrespect towards others venting on here and go elsewhere, where you will be appreciated!

And actually, you did reply, in a passive way. So you actually gave me what you thought I wanted. You also did just now too! Thank you.

And apparently, the Mutes do not work here.

Like I said, peeps should not have to wait 15 yrs to get this solved, if it ever does. I have my doubts it ever will. After all, everyone is lazier, post-COVID. Not like you didn't have to hold a hand to get things done prior

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JDnTX  Still waiting here too on another issue with my 3 streamers. I know exactly how you feel.

0 Kudos
billwinz

Re: Remove "Live TV" tile from a Roku Ultra (v12.0.0 build 4184-46)

And the one I actually used they eliminated. The "My Feed" menu. I could "follow" a show and be reminded when a new one was uploaded. Now, i'm back to guessing. It's not uncommon of me to fall 2-3 episodes behind because of this.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

To All:

This is what I received just now in Facebook messenger:

We appreciate the information you have provided, """"". Please be advised that the "Live TV" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System and Build; thus, removing it is impossible as of the moment. However, with your feedback and suggestions, we'd like to raise this one for further review. For more information on this feature's functionality, you can check it out here: support.roku.com/article/115012658287. Thank you for your understanding.

This was after explaining this and the other forum postings and complaints.  Turns out I am right about Roku. It will take 15 yrs to get a solution, other than going to a competitor.

0 Kudos
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

@Anonymous - Thanks for sharing the message you received from Roku.

For any Roku employees that might read this, consider the following comment that Roku sent to @Anonymous:

"Please be advised that the "Live TV" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System and Build; thus, removing it is impossible as of the moment."

They mention the "Live TV" FEATURE on the Roku Home screen is part of the Roku Operating System (OS).

Yes, the "Live TV" FEATURE has long been a part of my Roku OS.  In my case, this wasn't a problem, as I had my Settings configured to hide it on my Roku Home screen.  (Along the left side of the screen.)

My complaint is about the "Live TV" TILE that showed up as an App on my Roku Home screen, alongside my other Apps like YouTube, Plex, and Pandora.  If I could simply remove this App/Channel, there would be no issue.  However, the "Remove Channel" option doesn't actually remove the "Live TV" Tile.[1]

So, overnight, the "Live TV" Tile appeared.  It wasn't there on June 17th and was there on June 18th.  Why?

My last Roku OS update was May 20, 2023, so that wouldn't seem to be related.

Notes:

[1] My original complaint (including video and screenshots) can be found here.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simon_Templar 

Stop blathering on and on like a child. We get your point! Now go get your bottle, or another boy and suck on it! Sometimes you own medicine is the best thing for your complaining a$$!

0 Kudos