Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djkdlhsfjk4489
Reel Rookie

Re: RE: Unable to Remove "Live TV" Shortcut

@Simon_Templar Thanks for the follow up and reaching out to Roku support!

Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

RE: Unable to Remove "Live TV" Shortcut

@djkdlhsfjk4489 My pleasure, friend. Thank you for initially posting about the issue. I'm glad I found your thread.

0 Kudos
rockjonn
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove "Live TV" tile from a Roku Ultra (v12.0.0 build 4184-46)

Factory reset: As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your Roku Ultra. This will restore the device to its original settings. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Advanced system settings" > "Factory reset". Follow the on-screen prompts, and once the reset is complete, set up your Roku again and see if the "Live TV" tile issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

RE: Remove "Live TV" tile from a Roku Ultra (v12.0.0 build 4184-46)

As noted in this post, a factory reset did not work.

0 Kudos

I understand that you're facing an issue with a "Live TV" tile appearing on your Roku Ultra after removing two unwanted apps/channels. Although you were initially able to remove it using the "*" option, it keeps re-installing itself after restarting the Roku device. To permanently remove it, I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Navigate to the Roku home screen.
  2. Highlight the "Live TV" tile.
  3. Press the "*" button on your remote to bring up the options menu.
  4. Select the "Remove channel" option and confirm the removal.

If the issue persists even after removing the channel, disabling updates on your Roku device may prevent similar spontaneous appearances. To disable updates, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Roku home screen.
  2. Scroll to the left and select "Settings."
  3. Choose "System" and then "System update."
  4. Select "Disable automatic updates."

Please note that disabling updates may prevent the addition of new features or security updates. If you encounter any further difficulties, I recommend reaching out to Roku's customer support for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

It seems this was all done and detailed in the pages of this thread.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of the steps from the 2 'level 1' users have been done without success on removing the tile. If one reads the original posting, you will notice this fact. While I appreciate the attempts to help, one must remind others that they will not be of help repeating the exact steps that were done. Such steps include using "*" button to remove, factory resetting, and unplugging the device for 5 minutes, checking the SD card, etc.

I also must remind the readers that this appears to be "on my account," as this same tile is on all of my devices, which now makes 3 of them now.

This is the exact reason hearing from Roku is more important than ever. But remember... Roku welcomed new moderators a few weeks ago, but have not been assisting in a decent manner to these threads on this exact issue. I must point out that users who post issues, make documentation visible to others, who can avoid this company's Nasdaq stock or avoid the purchase of future products, affecting said stock prices.

Tljames9

Re: Unable to Remove "Live TV" Shortcut on Streaming Stick+

This did not work for me. I do not want this. Ugh

Anonymous
Not applicable

The unfortunate thing is that it is on the "account" side, as I have found all 3 of my devices have this. Nothing in the account shows any steps to remove this bothersome button. That makes it a Roku problem, not the consumer's problem. Ye, they blame all of us and want documentation of who we are and what steps we took. Then won't bother fixing this, telling us to hold on and it is a known problem..... DUH!

..... Oh wait, This is Roku. Better not help, as the stock price may go UP!!!!!!

kiki3

Nothing works! reset/reboot/hide/remove/firmware updates. it always comes back on all my ultra devices of different models. Has to be a roku bug.  Roku Support....please fix it. We don't want it....ever.

0 Kudos