Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thoaingan
Reel Rookie

Remove default channels (Netflix etc.).

I would like to remove all of the channels on my mom’s Roku except for one (YouTube). She’s 90 years old and not able to understand English, so she has no use for all of the channels that Roku installs automatically that I cannot uninstall (e.g. Netflix). She doesn’t know how to navigate through all of the options. I just one to leave ONE channel on the device for her. Any advice?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remove default channels (Netflix etc.).

What's up? @thoaingan,

A hearty welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We know that you wanted to remove channels on your Roku device. We're pleased to assist.

Removing channels from within your channel lineup

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove.
  3. Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thoaingan
Reel Rookie

A lot of these channels do NOT have the option to remove them. Netflix is one of them.

0 Kudos
thoaingan
Reel Rookie

Is there a way I can remove channels without having access to her remote? I can connect to the Roku account online and can add channels online but there's no option to remove channels online.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us informed, @thoaingan.

Can you specify which Roku device this is? Also, having a subscription under Roku for these channels may be the cause of the problem. Kindly try all the steps provided in this support article and see if it will be successfully removed from the device.

Please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I’m wondering if you and mom are on the same Roku account?  That will be trouble if so. Ie: removing/adding apps on one roku will cause that action on all Rokus on the same account.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos