Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diana81

Remove channel no longer available

I have a channel that no longer exists and want to remove it.

instructions only work to remove channels if they are current.

tried normal removal but it doesn’t work.

has anyone been successful in this problem?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remove channel no longer available

Could you clarify a few things?  So the channel is on your Home Screen, but it no longer functions or you get a message that it's no longer in service when you try to launch it?  When you highlight it on the Home Screen and press * do you get the option to remove the channel?  If so, what happens when you select it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Diana81

The message says the channel is no longer available

then says go to (gives directions to removal instructions etc)

nothings works for *

removal instructions doesn’t work for channel not available

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Diana81            

I guess it's time to bring this to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R & @RokuKariza-D.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Diana81

Thanks for the post.
For clarification, on the Home screen, when you select the screen from the grid, are you pressing the * button and seeing the channel options to try to remove the channel?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TonyL2

I'm having the same problem. When I highlight the no-longer-available channel on the Roku Home screen and press *, it says "Not connected to the Internet. Please check your network connection and try again.". But, I know my connection is good (I've checked it through the Settings->Network->Check Connection test). If I do the same thing highlighting one of the channels that works normally, the options menu appears which allows me to remove the channel.

0 Kudos
CAB4

I have the *exact* same problem Tony is having..  To be precise, I'm trying to remove "MIT Open Courseware". I highlight that channel in my "home" grid and press '*'; Roku reports there is no internet connection, and wants me to check my connection.  HOWEVER, I can immediately highlight a different, active, channel in the home grid, press '*' and the options for that active channel are available as usual.

What's up???

(I hope this counts as 'keeping you posted') 🙂

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@CAB4 

Appears to be issue with Channels/apps that are no longer available for install. (removed from the Channel Store by Roku or the Channel Developer themselves for whatever reason.)  In other cases, in order to avoid billing confusion, some Channels/apps require that you Cancel your subscription first before Removing the Channel/app.

Log into your online account at https://www.roku.com/ or https://my.roku.com/account and look at "Manage Account - Manage your Subscriptions".

If you don't find any billed subscriptions, and the option to Remove Channel by using the * button is still unavailable, you can always just try the Factory Reset option for your Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset or press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds.)

This should clear out any corrupted data and restore your device to condition when you purchased it.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos