Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyV
Reel Rookie

Recently getting TNT and TBS “Not Authorized” messages with a TV provider

Jump to solution

Getting TNT and TBS “Not Authorized” messages when I DO have a TV provider and is part of my subscription. Sane message on all 4 Roku devices. Has worked up until 3 days ago. I tried all the basic stuff (cleared cache, removed and added channel, reset Rokus between steps. Called cable company and they offered no help.  TNT and TBS stream fine on my iPad and iPhone using my TV provider. Frustrating, I want to watch the NBA playoffs on my big TV Tonight!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Recently getting TNT and TBS “Not Authorized” messages with a TV provider

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with TNT today (I've never installed TBS) with a Directv authentication.  I had to sign out and then back in, reauthenticating with my tv provider.

Go to the "MY TNT" icon in the upper right corner.  (I had to do this several times until the Not Authorized messages stopped getting in the way.). Eventually you should get a clear shot at clicking on the yellow SIGN OUT block.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

TonyV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! How the heck did you figure that out!? I tried both TNT and TBS. Was ultimately able to “sign-out” and then reactivate. Much appreciated!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with TNT today (I've never installed TBS) with a Directv authentication.  I had to sign out and then back in, reauthenticating with my tv provider.

Go to the "MY TNT" icon in the upper right corner.  (I had to do this several times until the Not Authorized messages stopped getting in the way.). Eventually you should get a clear shot at clicking on the yellow SIGN OUT block.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
TonyV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! How the heck did you figure that out!? I tried both TNT and TBS. Was ultimately able to “sign-out” and then reactivate. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
hateloudads
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

These are great instructions.  I've hit the Sign Out big yellow sign probably 100 times with the remote, it just won't let me sign out.  This is agonizing.  I'll be able to watch basketball tonight on my laptop, but it's just not that same as watching on the big Roku TV.  Sure is a drag.  I'll keep trying to sign out.  Ironically, TBS is working fine.  I tried signing out of that too, but it won't let me. 

Is there a way to sign out of my Xfinity account on the Roku TV, not necessarily on TNT or TBS?

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hateloudads, thank you for getting in touch about your sign-out issue with Xfinity and not being able to access your basketball stream. We can definitely see how that is frustrating. Let's walk through some steps to try and get basketball streaming back on your Roku TV! If you are able to provide a short video showing the process you go through to try and sign out, that would be a big help. Once received we will review it and get back to you with more information. Definitely let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

0 Kudos
emayerkutz

Jump to solution

I’ve tried countless times to sign out but the “Not authorized” message keeps popping up.. logging in with my tv provider works just fine on my phone and living room tv. but my bedroom tv won’t work at all

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @emayerkutz, having to deal with login issues can be a pain. We'd like to help get you in to your account and back to steaming your favorite shows.

Could you share with us a short video or picture showing the process you go through when trying to sign out? Thank you!

0 Kudos
bfff55

Jump to solution

I disliked dynamite today (I've never introduced TBS) with a Directv validation. I needed to sign out and afterward back in, reauthenticating with my television supplier.

Go to the "MY dynamite" symbol in the upper right corner. (I needed to do this multiple times until the Not Approved messages quit disrupting everything.). At last you ought to have a reasonable chance at tapping on the yellow SIGN OUT block

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bggg55

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Olimpia

0 Kudos