Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkermgard

Re: MLB.tv "Network Error" constantly, suddenly

Jump to solution

It's happening again.  It's the Roku.  The MLB app works perfectly fine on my phone.  HBO Max and sling work, but the MLB app keeps throwing up network error.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @nkermgard

Thanks for reaching out for support, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with the MLB app on Roku, and we'd be glad to assist. Let's perform a troubleshooting step to address the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Once the steps above has been performed, kindly review the app again to see any improvements. Keep us posted regarding this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @nkermgard

Thanks for reaching out for support, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with the MLB app on Roku, and we'd be glad to assist. Let's perform a troubleshooting step to address the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Once the steps above has been performed, kindly review the app again to see any improvements. Keep us posted regarding this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SpikeM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am getting it also.   Mine happens every time there is a commercial break.   If I can get into a live game it will play till end of inning or break.  Not easy to actually start watching but it puts up a commercial break in progress sign during breaks in game.  That will stay on for a little bit than will go to network error retry.  When I retry it comes back to just before commercial break than commercial break comes back up.  I have found if I am quick enough and get to the jump to live button it will play.  But once a break comes goes thru all that again.  It works on my laptop and happening on two Roku sticks 4k plus.  I believe it is roku and so does MLB.com when I spoke to them.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SpikeM,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuTakashi

Kindly follow it and let us know if it fixes the issue so we can further assist you.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have tried these steps and it is not working. I continually get an error “There was a problem communicating with MLB. There was a problem. Please try again. Contact support if the problem persists.”

I only get this error using the app on Roku. I have no issues with the desktop or Apple apps. 

0 Kudos
hamer101

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL @RokuTakashi I  am also having the same issue and the posted fixes do not solve it 

0 Kudos
SpikeM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did all this before you posted and have done it again.   MLB app gives me a network error every time a game goes to commercial.  Maybe by coincidence Roku it only happens on Roku.  Maybe not.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate you posting in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when playing content on the MLB TV channel and the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions posted above by @RokuTakashi with the link, videos from other channels play fine. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel providers themselves. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos