Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darefugee

Re: Live TV Guide Shows the Time When Last On, Not the Current Time

I'm having a similar problem on two TCL Roku tv's.  Just started yesterday.  Time and menus display for Live TV is 5:05 in the past. 

Hard reset - no help.  Software update says it's current.

The Live TV display must be getting its time hack from somewhere.  What's the fix, Roku?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Well, to update my situation. It finally worked itself out, not sure if it was a minor update, or what, as I didn't do anything different. So there may be hope for any others experiencing this bug...

0 Kudos
arush88

How come my guide does not show times at the top!?!? Guide starts with AE. No times above so I have to look at my wall clock. It's been weeks doing this and reset does not help. Errrrrrr

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @arush88,

Thanks for letting us know.
We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Our appropriate team is aware of the issue and is currently investigating it. Please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IHiJump
Streaming Star

Constantly resetting my tv is not a solution. Find and fix the software issue! The time on my TV will randomly correct and uncorrect itself. I'll be surfing and suddenly the time changes. 

0 Kudos
IHiJump
Streaming Star

This has been an issue for years! How can this be difficult? The Roku main menu always shows the proper time! It's simply a matter of the live tv module accessing that time! Do you need me to come show you what code to change?

0 Kudos
aldewacs
Reel Rookie

Hi.  I have been having this same issue for a long time with 2 Hisense Roku TV's.  It drove me wild, and I decided to give up on it.  Enough with the of sending screen shots and version numbers, only to be ignored.  I stumbled on this Roku community website, killing time  😕 , and decided to add my 2 cents.

My "FIX" (haha) has been: in the morning, once I get to the menu screen that displays last night's time,  I press the reverse arrow twice. (NOT the left arrow near the top)  That resets the menu time, and the ability to scroll down and up.

PS 1- My non-Roku TV that has a Roku stick does not have his issue.

PS 2- My ISP told me to change some setting in the router.  FYI, that did nothing either.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IHiJump and @aldewacs,

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • A photo of the current issue

For us to be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team for further assessment, we'll need the requested details above. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aldewacs
Reel Rookie

Here is my feedback, as requested.

I'll be honest and blunt: given how long others have been describing this very same issue, and have been providing detailed information, my confidence level for getting a resolution is rather low.

PS my Roku TV signal arrives via vMEDIA.

Notice that in the screen I just saw, the (correct) current time shows  02:54 pm, while the channel menu starts at 12 PM.

This issue has been going on for many months.

=============================

Hisense Roku TV's, 55" and 50"

G231X

S/N  X01300F0A9KO (SOVPD350A9KO)

SW VERSION 12.5.5

BUILD 4174-CH

GC VERSION 10.8.31

TIME STAMP   2024-03-03T19:52:44Z

ID K0-090-472

ALDEWACS

0 Kudos