Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RshawnR

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

Hahahaha...reach out to Apple tv! Seriously? Those guys are just as useless as Roku tech support and pass the blame of the problem on to someone else. 

Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well something must have happened because Apple TV just showed up on my Roku and it’s working!  Why Who knows maybe telling them they are missing out on a section of the market helped.  If you have an old Roku give it a try.  I am going to sign up again. There are things I want to see

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lyrlen wrote:

Well something must have happened because Apple TV just showed up on my Roku and it’s working!  Why Who knows maybe telling them they are missing out on a section of the market helped.  If you have an old Roku give it a try.  I am going to sign up again. There are things I want to see

The official support hasnt changed (the 3710 still isnt officially supported), so dont be surprised/upset if the ATV app disappears again (remember, this happened before for you).

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/

https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634

0 Kudos
potterj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku Premiere Model 4620X. My issue: after AppleTV working seamlessly for over a year on my Roku device, it's suddenly not working. I can view one or two programs, but most of the programs wont stream, instead giving an error message, 'problem loading video, check internet connection'. Connection is fine, signal strong, speed good. All other channels stream without problems. 

I did try the remove/restart/reinstall a couple of times; no real change. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@potterj 

Try the list of 8 workarounds/solutions posted further up the page.

0 Kudos
potterj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry, I should have said: I tried all those things. Nothing changes. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @potterj

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you are still experiencing the same issue from one channel after removing then re-installing it, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact Apple TV Support here: https://support.apple.com/tv

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Robbrown8230
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried this again to no avail. For instance, there are some episodes of Ted Lasso where I get the message "Video Not Available There's a problem loading this video. If this continues check your internet connection."

Other episodes of Ted Lasso and other shows play perfectly, but I have had some episodes of other shows beside Ted Lasso  give me the same message. It seems random, I cannot see any consistent behavior, except that once I get the above message for an episode, I keep getting the same message no matter if I remove and add the Apple TV + channel back and/or I restart my Roku Player.

I am using a recently purchased Roku Express 4k+ Model #3941x.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Robbrown8230 wrote:

I have tried this again to no avail. For instance, there are some episodes of Ted Lasso where I get the message "Video Not Available There's a problem loading this video. If this continues check your internet connection."

Other episodes of Ted Lasso and other shows play perfectly, but I have had some episodes of other shows beside Ted Lasso  give me the same message. It seems random, I cannot see any consistent behavior, except that once I get the above message for an episode, I keep getting the same message no matter if I remove and add the Apple TV + channel back and/or I restart my Roku Player.

I am using a recently purchased Roku Express 4k+ Model #3941x.

Its not clear what you tried other than restarting and reinstalling.

FYI, the correct procedure to re-install an app on Roku:

1) Remove the ATV app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the ATV app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
potterj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I followed the procedure you outline here several times, always careful to restart Roku between uninstall and reinstall of ATV. No change. It's baffling to me, especially since the content I watched last year (Ted Lasso, See, etc.) with no problem, now generates the "video not loading" error message. 

I have emailed AppleTV support with no response. I'm almost at the point of canceling my subscription and resigning myself to missing out on the programming I've enjoyed in the past and looked forward to.