Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KRcracker

Re: Random accounts logged in to streaming channels that aren’t me

I just purchased a Roku 4K stick and have the same issue. Different streaming services with a variety of different accounts that are not mine.

0 Kudos
Jswayze

I am having the same issue. I don’t own Netflix but, when I came home Netflix was the first thing to open and it was signed in to someone’s account.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KRcracker @Jswayze

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-do you have multiple Roku devices linked to your Roku account?
-has anyone ever authenticated any channel on one of your Roku devices?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeff134

Having a similar issue, just checked my bank and saw a charge for philo that I have never used nor has my wife, we have 2 Roku tvs, I have been noticing random channels being added to my home screen every now and then just thinking it is my 6 year old son accidently adding them, come to find out the philo subscription is linked to a phone number out of state and an email of someone else, I went through my subscriptions and canceled everything, was only 3 total, 2 of which were ones I use, 1 was philo, I also noticed that there were a few already canceled earlier this year and last year that I never had, I changed my password and set a pin to add channels and subscriptions now but I just tried it on my t.v. and it's still doing it all without the pin, also it asked to sign out all devices when I reset the password but everything is still signed in? What's going on roku

0 Kudos
too2late
Reel Rookie

I found this thread after Googling because my mother just had the same issue. She has a Roku stick and never had a problem until today. She downloaded the Paramount+ app for the first time (never used it and never had a subscription). When she downloaded the app it was already logged in to someone else’s account with an email address that we didn’t recognize. What in the world Roku? There is a serious security hole somewhere and based on this thread this issue has been going on for over a year with no resolution.