Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upset11
Reel Rookie

ROKU voice is speaking what's posted on the TV screen during commercials & in between movies..

Jump to solution

All movies, ads, etc. on the TV screen while streaming, their subject, actors in them, are all spoken in between movies & during commercial breaks. Muting mutes everything including what I'm trying to watch. Can't just mute the unwanted commentary, by ROKU which is  annoying. I have tried Netflix, Peacock, Roku, and Tubi. They are all compromised.

I have tried rebooting the Pro Ultra remote, unplugged and re-plugged in the Ultra set, tried re-pairing the remote with the Ultra (2022) set, and tried fully charging of the Remote to full battery, to no avail.

This all began suddenly yesterday. ROKU commands do not stop this.

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Upset11
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU voice is speaking what's posted on the TV screen during commercials & in between movies

Jump to solution

Thank you. The culprit was the screen reader. Per your recommendation, I turned it off.

And now my Roku Ultra (2022) is working perfectly well again.

Thank you for all you help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU voice is speaking what's posted on the TV screen during commercials & in between movies

Jump to solution

It's not clear from your description if it's the "Screen reader", but try pressing * on your remove four times or disable it in the Accessibility settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Upset11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. The culprit was the screen reader. Per your recommendation, I turned it off.

And now my Roku Ultra (2022) is working perfectly well again.

Thank you for all you help!

0 Kudos