Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skyhag59
Level 7

ROKU express sharing and purchasing shows

Jump to solution

Hey there!!

On a getaway at the Family cabin with ROKU express installed by one family member.  Using my iPhone as remote, and using “his” Prime Video and other apps, and also installed my apps= no prob.  I purchased a series, thinking it would be charged to my Prime account because I was watching through my icon.  He was charged for series.  Should I install my Prime Video app on this shared tv/ROKU so if I purchase, he won’t be charged and series will “follow” me home, etc.?  Also, I couldn’t access a purchased series at the cabin that I’d purchased at home.  Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU express sharing and purchasing shows

Jump to solution

@Skyhag59 

As long as it is the Prime Video Channel/app, you should be able to open the Prime Video Channel on the Roku device, go into an existing profile, and then Navigate to the top right of the screen and select Settings (gear icon) where you can Sign Out.

Then sign in with your Prime Video Credentials and you should be good to go.  You may have to link your Prime Video account to this Roku, but that should be the only additional step if necessary.

Otherwise, you can always launch the series or content on your phone through your account and then cast or mirror it to the Roku if you want, which saves you from logging in/out the account on the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU express sharing and purchasing shows

Jump to solution

@Skyhag59 

As long as it is the Prime Video Channel/app, you should be able to open the Prime Video Channel on the Roku device, go into an existing profile, and then Navigate to the top right of the screen and select Settings (gear icon) where you can Sign Out.

Then sign in with your Prime Video Credentials and you should be good to go.  You may have to link your Prime Video account to this Roku, but that should be the only additional step if necessary.

Otherwise, you can always launch the series or content on your phone through your account and then cast or mirror it to the Roku if you want, which saves you from logging in/out the account on the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos