Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceo1968

ROKU channel shows will not play

This is not the first time I've encountered this issue. It somehow worked itself out before. I confess I don't watch the ROKU Channel very often because it seems to have something wrong when I try.

Here's what's happening:
I go to play the Great American Baking Show that is displayed in the preview on the HOME screen, it takes me to the ROKU channel and I select "play S2 Episode 1" and the screen looks like it's going into the show but returns back to the same selection screen. I tried to select "episodes" and tried S1/E1 and S2/E2 but the same thing happened.
I tried other shows on the main menu and still had no success.
I can play any other channel app on the HOME screen - the only issue I have is ROKU's app.

Here's what I've done:
I deleted the ROKU channel and rebooted my tv, then I reinstalled the app. Still not working.
Manually checked for updates on the system and the ROKU channel and everything is up to date.

Here's my information:
Roku Sharp TV model LC-40LB601U
Software version 12.5.0 build 4176-69

It seems crazy that the only channel I have issues with is your own. I'd think that would be a priority for the company.
Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU channel shows will not play

Hi @ceo1968,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're trying to access some content on The Roku Channel, but you're receiving a playback issue. 

Try connecting your device to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, and let us know if there are any differences after that.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos