Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmc55
Channel Surfer

ROKU - The Weather Channel (TWC) App Crashing when loading

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a trial subscription for TWC "The Weather Channel" app that prior to yesterday worked fine on all my ROKU Devices. TWC has gone to a pay model, which if your Cable account does not include TWC, then you must use the subscription based app to access the live TV broadcasts.

Yesterday the TWC App auto-updated itself to Weather Channel Version 4.2 Build 17. I used the app in the morning prior to the upgrades on both my ROKU3 and ROKU Streaming stick (3800x), without any problems. My ROKU system software version is 11.0.0 Build 4193-55. Issue ID is 74-300-228.

In the evening when I attempted to use the app again (after the upgrade), the app fails to load, crashes and then I'm sent back at the ROKU main screen.  I went thru the process of uninstalling and reinstalling, the TWC app with power cycling, and nothing changes - App is still crashing every time before completely loading.

All other apps on the ROKU's are working fine, so I believe it is just a TWC app issue. I have opened an incident report with TWC, and am hoping that this can be resolved quickly.

I was wondering if other ROKU TWC App users are experiencing the same problem.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmc55
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU - RESOLVED - The Weather Channel (TWC) App Crashing when loading

Jump to solution

Problem is resolved- Roku downloaded a new version of the TWC app (Version 4.2. Build 18) and now the app is running normally on Roku again. 

Thanks to the developers for resolving this quickly. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
BMR131

Re: ROKU TWC App Crashing when loading

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on my tv streaming subscription. Tried everything but didnt help. Canceled my subscription but I am paid up for a year! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kmc55 @BMR131,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Note: To ensure the process is successful. Please restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back.

We also recommend trying to remove the channel, and then performing a manual update on the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add the channel.

If the issue persists, we suggest you contact the channel partner directly.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
kmc55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary-F,

All of the steps that you mentioned have been performed multiple times, on multiple days, on multiple ROKU devices. Results are the same - The TWC app fails when loading and there is no replacement app as of today.

I have reported this problem to TWC, whom acknowledged my inquiry, but haven't yet received any further guidance from them with regards to a resolution.

I will be cancelling the subscription to TWC early next week, if this problem is not resolved by then, and am hoping that this won't devolve into a situation like SXM that took over a month to resolve, with new app code produced by the channel provider.

0 Kudos
DaveWood
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have done this and still doesn't work

0 Kudos
s_wat
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU - The Weather Channel (TWC) App Crashing when loading

Jump to solution

My TWC app stopped working also.  So I am using the WeatherNation app instead.

0 Kudos
DonTee

Jump to solution

Yes , I have the exact same issues as you. Only difference is I have paid for annual subscription. App has not worked since yesterday

0 Kudos
DonTee

Jump to solution

I have done all the updates several times and still does not work. Have not done the app cancel and reinstall yet. Reading here that it did not help.

0 Kudos
kmc55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good News - I received an email from TWC support late yesterday. They have identified the problem and are testing a software fix, which will hopefully be available as a new downloadable update on ROKU, sometime around early next week.

Very happy to see this quick response from TWC support!!!

kmc55
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU - RESOLVED - The Weather Channel (TWC) App Crashing when loading

Jump to solution

Problem is resolved- Roku downloaded a new version of the TWC app (Version 4.2. Build 18) and now the app is running normally on Roku again. 

Thanks to the developers for resolving this quickly. 

0 Kudos