Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LizzyMcG
Reel Rookie

ROKU TV screen is ghosting

As of this morning, my TCL Roku TV screen started ghosting the moment that I turned it on.  I have unplugged and replugged the cable. But it makes no difference.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU TV screen is ghosting

Hi @LizzyMcG,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your report about this. If I understand it correctly, you're having a black screen issue, right?

If you point a flashlight on the screen are you still seeing any images? Also, are you still hearing any sounds coming from the TV itself? 

Tell us more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LizzyMcG
Reel Rookie

Hello,

No.  I never mentioned that I was having black screen issues.  Rather, I mentioned that my Roku TV screen was ghosting and I am seeking assistance to fix it. Please refer to that attached photo.  The screen is flickering as well. Thank you.9CCFAF59-32B9-4335-AC92-8D88B49D47C7.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@LizzyMcG,

Thank you for the update!

It seems like I understood it in a different way and thanks for sharing these references.

Does this happen as well even when you're on your home screen or does it happen only during playback?

I can see lines and glitches on the screen and this is likely a hardware issue. If this issue, happens across the channels then we'll need to refer you back to the TV manufacture team for further assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact the TCL support team here: Contact Us Options

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LizzyMcG
Reel Rookie

The ghosting and flickering happens across all channels and screens.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@LizzyMcG,

Thanks for the update!

In this case, we'd strongly suggest contacting the TV manufacturing team as there could be a hardware issue going on.

Please use the link provided right above your response.

Let us know how things going and if they're able to resolve it for you.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos