Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clio
Reel Rookie

ROKU Channel auto play

I can’t find a way to stop auto play on the ROKU Channel. My provider caps the amount of data that we are allowed and overage charges are substantial. Please advise as to how to turn off auto play. If there is no option - I will delete the channel 

12 REPLIES 12
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU Channel auto play

Just go to Home.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Clio
Reel Rookie

Go to Home and do what? I’ve checked all the settings I could access. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Just go to Home and leave it there. That supposedly stops streaming from all Channels.

Go to Home. Then you can turn the TV off or watch a screensaver.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Clio 

Thanks for the note here. Roku devices currently offer an option in Settings>Network called Bandwidth Saver, which will limit automatic playback after a number of hours. We don't currently have a specific feature to instantly limit autoplay from one episode to another, but you can hit the back button to exit playback of any current title once it completes.

I will be sure to pass your request along to our team to share your interest in adding this feature though. 

Thanks again, 

Tanner

drewjm

I agree with Clio. I want to be able to switch auto play off just like I can on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

blueskies_150
Channel Surfer

@RokuTannerD,

I am also interested in a shut-off for AutoPlay.  I think this is a highly-desired feature for many who like to watch Roku as they fall asleep, but want to conserve bandwidth and don't want it to play all night - or even worse - have to wake up to turn it off (thereby defeating the purpose).

tmj0464

.......August 6, 2021 purchased Roku stick,  FRUSTRATED because of I cannot stop The ROKU Channel episode automatic play.

kparszenko

Hi, Can I set up autoplay for the app? so for example, my tv is coming up at 9 am and Roku automatically launching live channel? Is it possible?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @kparszenko

Thanks for the post.

Currently, we do not have a feature that may allow the functionality you're looking for but thanks for the suggestion! Feel free to visit our blog at blog.roku.com for any future announcements or updates.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos