Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

ROKU CHANNEL will not play any of the movies selected

I saw in the community that this issue popped up back in April 2023. I tried all the suggested fixes and none worked. When I load a movie and clk play it just reverts back to the play screen again. Is it still under review by support or has it been resolved?

Thank you

Randall Hartman

randall.e.hartman@gmail.com

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU CHANNEL will not play any of the movies selected

Hi @CONEJO77,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your streaming problem with the Roku Channel. Upon checking, the appropriate Roku team has made some changes to the backend, which should prevent this issue from occurring. We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing so that we can assist you further. Please provide the following details:

1. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  2. How are you powering your Roku device?
  3. Are you getting error messages or error codes when playing content?
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rname
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue for the last 4 months. Support has been useless. Tried all the recommended fixes to no avail.

Have not heard back from support since opening a ticket.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rname,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out for support, and we're glad to assist. May we know if this issue occurs to specific content or all shows/movies on The Roku Channel? Also, what specific Roku devices are you using, and what troubleshooting steps have you performed?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rname
Reel Rookie

Hi, this issue occurs with all content on the Roku channel, which is a big disappointment because you have some great shows. We enjoy the channel so much we bought a second unit.

Both units are Roku Ultra, connected to a  vpn router.

I have done all the fixes recommended in the many posts on this issue,  both on this forum and others. It is apparent from these posts that there are many users having this issue.

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@rname wrote:

...connected to a  vpn router.

There's your problem.  Roku devices don't support VPNs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

Applogies for late reply. Device Roku Ultra 4800x, house current: 110v, no codes, when I clk on play for any title the screen reverts back to the previous play screen, will not advance. Tried all TB shooting nothing worked.

0 Kudos
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

I got ONE email and that's all, nothing more since.

0 Kudos
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra 4800x, all titles on the Roku channel, will not play, after selecting the play button screen reverts back to the play screen again. No TB works, Support is non-existance 

0 Kudos
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

Sorry renojlm I have to disagree with you. I installed my Ultra 3 years ago using a VPN and had no problems until this pass Sept. that's when it stopped working. Has Roku done something to make it stop working with vpn's now? Would be interesting to know so I could purchase another different streaming device.

0 Kudos