Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wrencher
Reel Rookie

ROKU 4660X2 and Spectrum TV

I have a Roku 4660X2 and my Spectrum TV app buffers like crazy. 

Its the only streaming service I have that has a problem. I have Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+, Prime, and more. 

Spectrum TV is the ONLY app I have issues with. I've read a fair amount about the issue and its pretty common. I guess there was an internal struggle between Roku and Spectrum? 

Everything is up to date and Spectrum says its not them. I have 400mbps internet. 

I've read that certain Roku devices and Spectrum don't work well together and I'm just wondering if I need to look at replacing it. 

And Roku management, if you're reading this, there are many more streaming devices to choose from. I won't be buying another Roku. 

I really just want my stuff to work like its supposed to. I don't think that's too much to ask. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU 4660X2 and Spectrum TV

Hi @Wrencher,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Spectrum channel. May we know what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wrencher
Reel Rookie

Basically all of them, except 1

I just upgraded my firmware for my router, I will see what that does. 

My Roku is wired, and an internet speed test done from my laptop on that line shows 370mbps. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wrencher,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Please try to restart your modem and router. After restarting your wireless network connection, you may also need to restart your Roku Ultra by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wrencher
Reel Rookie

I have 370mbs speed at the roku as measured by my laptop, plugged into my wired connection. 

I have several other streaming services installed on my Roku.

Spectrum TV is the ONLY one that has issues. Ever. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wrencher,

Thank you for sharing this information!

If this is the only channel that you're having issues with and other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smsullivan2112
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue

I switched from wired to wireless and it seems to be working well...for now...interested to see if the same works for you.

And, of course, why is this?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @smsullivan2112,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

If you cannot connect to the internet, try restarting your router. Improve the strength of your wireless signal. If resetting your router does not improve your connection, the issue may be the strength of the wireless signal. The farther your Roku device is from your router, the weaker your wireless signal.

You may also check out this support article on connecting your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Please let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smsullivan2112
Reel Rookie

No, that's not my issue

Like mentioned in the post, the Spectrum app just randomly crashes when wired.  

When wireless I don't have that issue

My Roku connects either way with no issues

I was giving my example to see if going wireless versus wired resolves the crash issue...

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @smsullivan2112,

Thanks for the response!

In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos