Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpengel3
Binge Watcher

RMP not showing all files from DLNA server

Jump to solution

Suddenly, as of last night, RPM doesn't show all the files from my DLNA server.

RPM has been working solidly for months, and nothing has changed in my network or DLNA server setup. But suddenly, it now only shows one line of folders and one line of movies. Or, if I open a folder, only one line of files within the folder.

Other players, like VLC on my laptop, continue to show the whole list of folders and files.

I see there was an update yesterday, and I'm assuming this is the culprit. Has anybody else noticed this? Is there a way to force roll back that update?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dpengel3
Binge Watcher

Re: RMP not showing all files from DLNA server

Jump to solution

Oh! While trying to get more description of the issue, I discovered the source: Apparently, RPM switched its default Row Style to "Long" which means everything is in one long row, and not several rows. Switching to Row Style - Short solved it!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dpengel3 

A couple other users in this thread have recently begun to experience issues with Roku Media Player and OS 11. (https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/My-roku-media-player-is-not-work...)

Not sure if related or coincidence.  Maybe try the standard troubleshooting of restarting the device, your network, DLNA server host (router or computer), and trying to establish new connection. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset).

Either the RMP is having issue or just have to setup again for the new OS to recognize the DLNA server.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
dpengel3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you; I tried all the standard troubleshooting/restarts last night.

If there's no way to force the rollback of the update, I guess I'll just have to wait until they fix it. 😞

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@dpengel3 

Will tag @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F  as well into this thread in case they have some insight or want to report this issue to support as well.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dpengel3 

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but will need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dpengel3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oh! While trying to get more description of the issue, I discovered the source: Apparently, RPM switched its default Row Style to "Long" which means everything is in one long row, and not several rows. Switching to Row Style - Short solved it!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@dpengel3 

Good deal.  Glad you have it fixed.

Just for clarity, when you had "Long" selected, were the titles unavailable to you or were you just not able to see them on the screen (but maybe they were actually there)?

Would be nice to know it maybe just the act of toggling the different settings fixes the issue or whether selecting "long" causes an issue.

0 Kudos
dpengel3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They were there, I never thought to arrow over to them. (It looked just the same as before, except only the first row.)

What kind of "broke" it for me was that I noticed it was still saying the right number of selections, even though it was only showing 5. Well, that all makes sense now.

And by the way, you can set it to "Default", "Long", or "Short". Default is, apparently, Long now.

EternalOnes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is  not the case here.  Only a few videos are shown out of perhaps a hundred.  I have been fighting with my Roku for weeks trying to get it to work correctly but it's a lost causer.  "So" sick of it.  My Firestick has an app called Nova Video Player where you can browse for specific folders and see everything that's there.  "Why" does Roku have "nothing" like this and "why" does Roku not have VLC player?  Although the VLC player on my firestick doesn't work because there's no way to click OK after user name and password.  The stupidest error "ever."  Some dumbass programmer wasn't even paying attention and didn't bother checking to see if it worked.  So sick of trying to get media players to work on streaming devices that work "so" hard to keep from working properly.  The VLC concept would clearly fix everything by allowing you to simply open folders on the PC instead of relying on pathetically flawed shared library systems.  Why don't programmers "wake up," create one simple app that "works" and allows you to browse folders and that would be the end of all this but instead we have all these tons of apps that usually don't even "work."  It's "stupidity" the the Nth degree.  I've never seen stupidity at this level so widespread.

0 Kudos
wysocki
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

MY Roku Express shows all the folders from my DLNA server, but "0" files in them (even though there are hundreds).

0 Kudos