Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gotothebeach
Channel Surfer

Re: REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

Posting here as well.  Roku implemented this for third party apps to gather information on what is watched to bring users back to the third party app.  Google "continue watching Roku developers".  To get rid of it, I did the following and it worked:

1.  Press * for Options on each show in continue watching and select hide or remove (don't recall word used).

2.  Press * for Options on the Add Channels and Sleep Timer icons on Home Screen and remove. This removes all shortcuts on Home Screen, which Continue Watching fell under.

3.  Go into Settings-Home screen and hide What to Watch, Featured Free and Shortcuts.

4.  I also removed the Roku channel icon, pressed * for Options on the ad to right of Home Screen and selected hide, reset advertising identifier under Settings-Privacy-Advertising and deselected Personalized Ads and Smart TV Experience, and logged in to the actual website of each third party app through a computer deselected sharing of information with third parties.  Not sure all of this was necessary, but Roku obligates the the third parties to obtain a user's consent to show the Continue Watching on Roku.

Toomanymovies
Reel Rookie

@Gotothebeach many thanks I will certainly give it a try.  I simply want it gone.  

They could do what they need without it ever being visible to us. They always have up until now  SMH lol 

owls2000b

This "feature" must have the option to be hidden and should not be default. This is not a desirable feature. I have young kids that I don't want seeing inappropriate content. The thumbnails of many shows is extremely disturbing to my kindergartener. 

This is not a good addition and is enough that if not removed I have no plans of ever purchasing another Roku device. 

Fix this.

This is a big deal to people like me.

RISE_1
Channel Surfer

Totally agree that the "continue watching" section should have a hide option. I never wanted it and I don't want everyone on the device seeing what others have watched. It mostly lists shows/movies that I've already completed anyway, so it's useless and annoying. Roku staff, please add a way to hide this. 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with the "Continue Watching" feature. We value your feedback and will share it with the appropriate Roku team for review.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please let us know.

All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toomanymovies
Reel Rookie

@Gotothebeach 

This absolutely works. Many thanks for your work to find the solution.

Kudos My gratitude to you👍

Bungus7

Echoing everyone else here. I hate the “continue watching” bar on the home screen of my standalone roku 4K ultra. Give us the option to hide the bar entirely. If I want to continue watching, I’ll go to the specific app and look.

This is a garbage tier “feature” I didn’t have 24hrs ago.

deedee12

I HATE the new Continue Watching on the Roku home screen.  Like there aren't enough tiles in our lives as it is.  I don't need a reminder of every show I watched for 2 min.  This is the worst idea ever.  I am seriously considering switching to another provider over this one feature.

Stavia
Channel Surfer

Just because it’s part of the OS doesn’t mean removing it is impossible. It means you don’t want to remove it. Operating systems are just software!

txazgal1
Channel Surfer

I agree with everyone else, PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE THE CONTINUE WATCHING BANNER FROM MY HOME SCREEN!!!