Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chao23
Reel Rookie

Quick question how do I set up my apple tv if I've never had an apple tv account before ?

Jump to solution

How do I go about getting my apple tv to work and get a subscription for it ,I think it only worked when I 1st got my Roku tv than after 3 months it stopped and never allowed me to keep paying? Any chance anyone knows how to help ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Quick question how do I set up my apple tv if I've never had an apple tv account before ?

Jump to solution

Hi @Chao23

Thank you for the post.

Apple TV is a streaming service that can be accessed through various devices including the Apple TV box and the Roku. If you're having trouble accessing Apple TV on your Roku device, here are a few troubleshooting steps to try:

• Update the Roku software: Make sure that your Roku device is running the latest software version. You can check for updates in the settings menu of your Roku device.
  • Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet and has a strong and stable connection. You can do this by going to the network settings on your Roku device and checking the signal strength.
  • Verify your Apple TV subscription: If you have an Apple TV subscription, make sure it is still active and that your account is up to date. You can do this by logging in to your Apple account on a computer or mobile device.
  • Restart the Roku device: Restart your device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Reinstall the Apple TV channel: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Apple TV channel on your Roku device. You can do this by going to the Roku home screen, selecting the Apple TV channel, pressing the * button on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." Then, search for the channel in the Roku channel store and reinstall it.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Quick question how do I set up my apple tv if I've never had an apple tv account before ?

Jump to solution

Hi @Chao23

Thank you for the post.

Apple TV is a streaming service that can be accessed through various devices including the Apple TV box and the Roku. If you're having trouble accessing Apple TV on your Roku device, here are a few troubleshooting steps to try:

• Update the Roku software: Make sure that your Roku device is running the latest software version. You can check for updates in the settings menu of your Roku device.
  • Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet and has a strong and stable connection. You can do this by going to the network settings on your Roku device and checking the signal strength.
  • Verify your Apple TV subscription: If you have an Apple TV subscription, make sure it is still active and that your account is up to date. You can do this by logging in to your Apple account on a computer or mobile device.
  • Restart the Roku device: Restart your device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Reinstall the Apple TV channel: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Apple TV channel on your Roku device. You can do this by going to the Roku home screen, selecting the Apple TV channel, pressing the * button on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." Then, search for the channel in the Roku channel store and reinstall it.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you didn't buy any movies under your old Apple tv account, and apple tv+ subscription has ended, you have nothing to lose by starting a new account. Use a different email address. When you enter the Apple tv channel on the Roku, you have a choice of signing in or starting a new account, this where you get you Apple ID from by starting a new account.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Chao23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi , would you know where I can go to check which one I'm using for my Gmail as my Netflix, that's my oldest account and I believe my ex might be in it , or has made a new Gmail as close to this email as possible.... Any tips ? How l can check my account details on Netflix?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Chao23 Open the Netflix app.  Click on your profile.  Then click on profile picture in upper right corner. Select account and your information is there

0 Kudos