Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TNorth
Binge Watcher

Question about FreeVee and Amazon Sign in??

Jump to solution

I just added FreeVee to my channel list and have a question. Do I need to sign in with my Amazon account information to use the free part of FreeVee. I don't have a PRIME subscription but wanted to watch some of the free shows.

Also - I had gotten information from MyTVBundle that the show Wheel of Time is free on FreeVee, but I can't see it in my list. Is it not available?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Question about FreeVee and Amazon Sign in??

Jump to solution

@TNorth  (and @jontalk ), you don't have to sign in on Freevee to watch anything.  Signing in gets you (right from the "Sign in" screen):

• Save shows to your list
  • Never lose your watch history
  • Better recommendations

Wheel of Time is available on Prime which does require Amazon Prime.

To remove a channel/app from the Roku Home Screen, highlight the channel/app on the Home Screen and press * on your remote.  "Remove *" will be one of the options.

* - it used to say channel, now it may say app.  After 10+ years of calling them "channels", Roku may finally be calling them what they really are - apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@TNorthFreeVee is owned by Amazon, so you'll need to have a Prime subscription prior to adding it. That said, be aware its packed with commercials unlike the rest of Prime video content. The good news is if you happen to have an EBT card, you can subscribe to Prime for $6.99/month which is a bargain!

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
TNorth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks! I guess I am confused as the MyBundle site where I first saw that info says:

Freevee, formerly known as IMDb TV, is Amazon's home for free, ad-supported movies and TV shows. You don't even need an Amazon Prime subscription to enjoy the endless free content!  

Freevee is supported by Ads and has no hidden fees, no subscription tiers, and no monthly payments.

Guess I was wrong - since I don't have a Prime membership and was hoping to watch a few of the free shows without one.

So how do I remove that channel from my Roku?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@TNorth  (and @jontalk ), you don't have to sign in on Freevee to watch anything.  Signing in gets you (right from the "Sign in" screen):

• Save shows to your list
  • Never lose your watch history
  • Better recommendations

Wheel of Time is available on Prime which does require Amazon Prime.

To remove a channel/app from the Roku Home Screen, highlight the channel/app on the Home Screen and press * on your remote.  "Remove *" will be one of the options.

* - it used to say channel, now it may say app.  After 10+ years of calling them "channels", Roku may finally be calling them what they really are - apps.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TNorth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the reply. Good to know that some of Freevee doesn't need a Prime subscription. Maybe I will check it out before removing it.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

To sign in to FreeVee you have to have (or create) an Amazon account.  It does not have to be an Amazon Prime account.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
TNorth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks. I do have an Amazon account - but if I can watch without signing in, that's fine - unless I can see more when signed in? I just don't want it to somehow think it should charge me for a Prime account.

Something similar happened when we first set up the Roku. We had a DVD Netflix account and in the process of setting up the Roku, we clicked on the Netflix app/channel and were immediately charged for Netflix streaming. We got that sorted, but I don't want to have a similar thing happen with Prime.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

If you log into your account at https://my.roku.com you can create or reset a PIN value. You can then choose when the PIN is to be required, such as before it will allow any subscription or purchase to be made on your account.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
TNorth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Great - thanks! Good to know! 👍

0 Kudos