Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smnakon

Push Play/Pause button and the ESPN app comes up?

No idea why, but when I push the Play/Pause button on my remote it automatically goes to the ESPN streaming app.  I am in Netflix app when this has happened, 

I have completed 2 separate resets and it continues.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Push Play/Pause button and the ESPN app comes up?

Hi @smnakon,

A warm welcome here to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to assist you with this. Have you tried unplugging your Roku device for a minute and then plugging it in again to see any improvements after taking this step? If not, we recommend performing it as a start. Additionally, when did you first notice this issue start to occur? Furthermore, what specific Roku device are you having issues with?

Please keep us posted, and we're here to help.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Push Play/Pause button and the ESPN app comes up?

@smnakon-

That's a strange one.   Does the same thing happen if you are on a station other than Netflix and press the Pause/Play button?

When you tried resetting how did you do it?  If yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if not there, under "Settings > System".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos