Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M-Amazon
Reel Rookie

Purchasing MLB.TV subscription from Roku vs MLB.

Jump to solution

When purchasing an MLB subscription from Roku, can you login on another brand of device (FireTV, etc.) using the MLB app? 

Or is watching MLB restricted to Roku devices? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Purchasing MLB.TV subscription from Roku vs MLB.

Jump to solution

It’s restricted to Roku. Always subscribe to any service directly through the company‘s website. Never do it through your Roku account

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It’s restricted to Roku. Always subscribe to any service directly through the company‘s website. Never do it through your Roku account

0 Kudos
M-Amazon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I kind of figured. It sucks. What's the point?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@M-Amazon 

"What's the point?"

If you purchase your subscriptions through Roku, then all your subscriptions are managed in one place (your Roku account) and available to all your Roku devices.   This would be primarily for convenience and for people that only watch on their Rokus.

For people that have different Streaming devices or need to watch elsewhere than their home (even though more of these Subscriptions can be watched through the Roku Channel now), then subscribing directly to the Provider is recommended.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I purchased MLB.TV through ROKU.  I have 2 devices but can only get 'all games' on one of my devices.

I can only get the Free Game Of The Day on the other device.  Is there something in Settings that will allow my paid subscription on my second (ROKU Stick) device?

Thank you

JeffDoverman

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JeffDoverman, make sure both of your devices are linked to the same Roku account.  Check the email address on each one displayed under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos