Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with paramount + on roku channel

I've been having problems playing my Paramount +, every time I press resume or play, it doesn't play it, it just refreshes to the same page.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
KittyWoman
Reel Rookie

Re: Problems with paramount + on roku channel

I am having the same problem with Paramount Plus on Roku. When you select a show to play, it defaults back to the same screen and it is impossible to watch any programming!! I tried this on three different Roku sticks plus my Roku TV. I’ve confirmed my subscription is active. I restarted the sticks. I restarted the Paramount Plus app. Nothing corrects this. It started 9 days ago. Where do I go to get help to resolve?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NinaGreen1608 @KittyWoman,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channel. Have you tried to remove the channel to see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and reinstall it.

Restart your device before adding the channel again to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

For further references, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Do NOT subscribe through Roku!! Cancel the Roku subscription and subscribe DIRECTLY at the Paramount+ web site. Then you can use the normal Paramount+ app, which works fine.

0 Kudos
KittyWoman
Reel Rookie

As I stated in my post, I was in Roku chat for an hour to try and resolve the playback issue. I rebooted. I removed power and reconnected. I checked fir updates. I restarted stick from menu. I removed the wireless network and reconnected from scratch. I tried at least 10 troubleshooting steps. Nothing worked. Finally Roku said it is a known problem that the engineers are working on with no known resolution date. Roku is not offering to extend the free trial to the many customers who are unable to watch Paramount Plus programming. This is terrible customer service. By the way, there is no option to remove and reinstall the Paramount Plus on Roku  app because it us native to the stick and to Roku TV so please do not suggest that as a solution.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The reason you cannot uninstall it is because you are subscribing through Roku. If you subscribe DIRECTLY with Paramount+ (and other services), then you have full control over everything, and can also use the subscription on most any device. Many Roku subscriptions are restricted to just Roku devices.

0 Kudos
KittyWoman
Reel Rookie

Thank you and I knew that already. The issue is that my 90 day free trial is only valid through Roku hence I can only use the Paramount Plus app that is Roku proprietary.  I’d like to be able to enjoy the free offer that Roku presented. Seems reasonable to me.  I know that I can always go directly to Paramount and start paying for the service directly. 

0 Kudos