Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott2099
Reel Rookie

Problems with Xfinity app sound

Many of you have a long history of issues using the Xfinity app on your Roku TV or Roku box. If you have a smart TV where you can install the Xfinity app on your TV without using a Roku device, that will solve all of your problems. I installed it on a new LG TV that I purchased because I thought it was my television causing all the issues. Now there are no issues whatsoever with volume spiking or dropping or the out-of-sync issues. Apparently the Xfinity app does not play well with Roku. I'm not going to choose who's to blame. But that is a solution. Someone else suggested you buy a fire stick and that that solved their problems. The best way to solve the problem is to get rid of Xfinity all together. They're expensive and the picture quality is equivalent to a 1970s VHS video, especially if you don't pay extra for HD channels. I just changed over to T-Mobile home internet for $50 a month. Now I have no issues. I bought the Hulu live package so that I could watch live TV now. The picture quality is far superior to Xfinity at a much lower price. My Roku box works perfectly now. Who cares whose fault it is. Dump Xfinity and use either T-Mobile or Verizon home internet service whichever has the best signal in your area, and you will see your problems disappear. If you want to continue using Xfinity, then you will need to buy a smart TV where you can install the app without using a Roku device. Good luck. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Scarface82

Re: Problems with Xfinity app sound

Are you suggesting people should spend more money to fix an issue they didn't cause? I'll take a new 8500 Series Samsung tv that had the app discontinued. Toss in some Firesticks for my Roku's in trade if you are offering?

Everyone does not have the option to drop Xfinity either. That is not a workaround or a solution, but a post about being neutral party, and how you are ok with subpar cellular WIFI and firesticks. Honestly you had a smart tv with the app but plugged in a Roku anyways? Best part of this giant paragraph hands down. Good luck and bless your heart. 

0 Kudos
Scott2099
Reel Rookie

Re: Problems with Xfinity app sound

It sounds like you just want to continue complaining. If you're waiting for Xfinity and Roku to fix these problems, then that's never going to happen. Both companies have already stated that it's not their problem and they have no interest in looking into it any further. I offered a few workarounds. If you don't like them, don't use them. You're obviously way smarter than I am. But I'm enjoying nice clear non-interrupted TV using what you claim is subpar cellular Wi-Fi. My upload and download speeds are almost twice what Xfinity was. I haven't purchased any fire sticks. I was relating someone else's information that they worked better than the Roku box when it came to the Xfinity app. Again, if you don't like my suggestions, you don't have to take them. It sounds like you just like to complain. Good luck with that. And as far as cost goes, I'm spending the same amount of money using T-Mobile home Wi-Fi and the Hulu live TV package, as I was with the ever-increasing Xfinity bill. So for the same money I get far better quality internet and TV then I did with the 1970s VHS quality Xfinity TV picture. I have no interest in paying Xfinity extra for HD or 4K. Have a great weekend. Go 49ers !!

0 Kudos