Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smithbl47

Problems connecting to tv provider.

Was watching foxnews, all of a sudden it gave me a 6 alpha numeric code, said to go the foxnews.com/connect.  I did that, selected my provider Xfinity.  It asked for the code, I entered it, it spun then I got a green check and it keeps going to the select provider screen.  In the past it would say success and ROKU would then show Foxnews

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problems connecting to tv provider.

Hi @smithbl47

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Fox News channel. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the channel's name or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos