Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluffparker
Channel Surfer

Problem reaching tv provider

I have several streaming channels such as the History channel.  I have been able to watch these channels until last week.  I am receiving a cloud path error:  cloudpatherrorauthorizationNIP.

along with message “we had a problem reaching your tv provider.

has anyone had this same problem and has there been a fix to this?

22 REPLIES 22
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem reaching tv provider

Cloudpath deals with logging you into your subscription to a channel that uses the Cloudpath service for subscription management.

Try going into the channel, logging/signing out , then logging/signing back in again.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Bluffparker
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your response.  I have gone in deleted channel and added the channel back. It still comes up with the same error.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bluffparker,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: https://support.history.com/hc/en-us 

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Bluffparker wrote:

Thank you for your response.  I have gone in deleted channel and added the channel back. It still comes up with the same error.  

My suggestion was to try signing out and back in, not remove and reinstall the channel app, although that's a valid thing to try too.

Exactly how to Log or Sign out and in will depend on each channel's user interface design.  For History Channel, for instance, on the channel's main page click on the Menu uption in the upper right.  The resulting pop-up menu has a "Sign Out Of Your TV Provider" link.  After signing out you can go back into the same Menu which will now have a "Sign In With Your TV Provider" link you can use to initiate a sign-in with your provider.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Bluffparker
Channel Surfer

This issue continues. The problem is not on the channel side, but a Roku issue.  If you download a channel such as Netflix you’re ok and connection to provider is fine.  However, downloading a streaming channel such as The History Channel and/or Bravo, etc is when you get the Cloud error and unable to reach tv provider.

I was able to watch these channels with no issue for about a week.  It appears that I am not the only one with this problem, as there are numerous posts with no solution

makaiguy

@Bluffparker wrote:

This issue continues. The problem is not on the channel side, but a Roku issue.  If you download a channel such as Netflix you’re ok and connection to provider is fine.  However, downloading a streaming channel such as The History Channel and/or Bravo, etc is when you get the Cloud error and unable to reach tv provider.

I was able to watch these channels with no issue for about a week.  It appears that I am not the only one with this problem, as there are numerous posts with no solution

Who is your tv provider?

I installed the Roku History Channel app to check this out.  My tv provider is DirecTV and the History app installed and linked me to DirecTV without problems.  I was able to sign out and back in as described in my previous post without issues.

Since I had no errors connecting via my DirecTV account, I wonder if your problem is not with Roku but with the Cloudpath interface to your tv provider, as the error report you cited seems to indicate.  Again, who is your tv provider?

0 Kudos
EKnoll

I have the same problem, and still do.  

Crissy0341
Reel Rookie

My Bravo channel keeps giving me an error this seems to be a roku issue what are you going to do to fix it I also have a couple other channels this has happened to

IsWack
Reel Rookie

I have also been having the same issue for over a year now.
I am unable to watch sunday night football on the NBC app on my roku tv.
It works fine if I sign into the NBC app on any other device.

But if I use roku, I get a "CloudpathErroAuthorizationNIP" error