Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rgrig

Re: Prime won't play any more.

Jump to solution

I have tried all the trouble shooting tips. 
Apps on iPad work fine

i have same issue on several Roku primere boxes. 

I have Xfinity internet and have not changed anything. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rgrig,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having issues with the Amazon Prime Video and Max channels. Help is here, but we'll need to gather more information. Could you elaborate on the troubleshooting steps that you have performed?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VEPTRMOM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

John I never received a follow up after providing the information above requested via email. Can you assist me because I'm still having the issue with Prime only and I've done everything mentioned in this thread including resetting the TV uninstalling and reinstalling Prime. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @VEPTRMOM,

Thank you for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Amazon Prime Video channel. Can you send us a video clip of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
T1W2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem.  I have tried all the troubleshooting steps outlined in this thread and others.

Roku player - 3930RW, software version: 12.5.5, build: 4174

Prime video - software version: 15.1, build: 2024012417

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @T1W2,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience on the Amazon Prime channel. We appreciate you providing some information on your Roku device along with the channel. Also, for the troubleshooting steps you've performed so far in trying to resolve the issue, we would like to know how to identify and resolve your concerns. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• When did you start seeing the issue?
  • What Roku device are you using that has an issue right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  • Could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried removing the channel you observed this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeramyB

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem as everyone else in this thread. The movie might start and play for just a couple minutes and then it starts cutting out and turns completely off and kicks me Back to the home screen. It only does it with #amazon.   I have tried all the troubleshooting steps as well. Also I have a fire stick 4K in my other room that works just fine.  When I use the fire stick on my Roku TV it works. I have tried watching a different movie I've done it several times and sometimes it will play for just a couple minutes sometimes it might play for five minutes and then it starts cutting out and sends me to #Roku Home screen. I'm not having any problems with any other apps.  Also the TV in my spare room is old and this one is 4K HDR so it's not that old. I don't understand please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JeramyB,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming problem on the Prime Video app on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. We recommend performing the below steps to see if they can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press (*) to open the Options menu. Select remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue. If, after attempting the suggestions above, you are still unable to open a warning on a single channel while content from other channels plays fine, contact the customer support team for the channel provider to report the issue.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This problem may be caused by an ad blocker on your network. 

I had the same problem when if I click a show in the Prime Video channel on Roku, it starts to load but fails with a message "Something went wrong".

For my setup, the problem ended up being an ad blocker on my network.  I have a home router configured to block ads using a DNS server that redirects domain names associated with advertisements.  However, the domain name fls-na.amazon.com is used by the Prime Video Channel on Roku, so make sure that domain name is resolving correctly.  For me, I had to whitelist that domain name in the ad blocker on my router, and once I did that the Prime Video channel on Roku started working again.

0 Kudos
btgcarter

Jump to solution

I’m not the original poster but I’ve been having the same problems. It initially started a few months ago (possibly back into late 2023) with occasional episodes of The Expanse. Videos would be playing fine then one would end up not playing. I received the “Something went wrong” message.  
I am using the Roku soundbar/streaming combo unit. 

That was the only series I had problems with until episode 5 of Fallout when the same thing happened. Episode 4 worked fine and Episode 6 starts playing without any problems. 

Like the original poster, this only happens with Prime and was not resolved following the recommended procedure exactly. 

0 Kudos